Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a sophomore going to pursue my junior year abroad with an exchange program. However, I'm facing an array of issues and would love to hear some advices from you.

1. When is the earliest you can enter France in relation to your start date? My start date is in late August and I want to arrive 2 months ahead to do some apartment hunting + acquaint myself with a new life. I know a lot of friends whose visa got approved to enter France in July even though their courses started in September. I am wondering if it's still possible to do so.

2. My start date is August 22. I went to apply for a visa on Wednesday (11 April) and was asked to leave because it was too early. Now, it's a big dilemma for me because I'm actually an international student and I would have to leave the US in May, hence the early visa application. When is the earliest time I could apply? On the website it only says 3 months before my departure date, which is actually June 17. I'm very confused now because she told me to come back in June, but I could only stay until May and the Embassy in my country refused to take my case because Campus France there runs on a different system.

Please help me figure out a way out of this mess. Thank you so much!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.