Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a funded PhD position at Universidad de Cádiz and want to apply for a long stay visa for the same from India. It will be extremely helpful if somebody can guide me with the visa application process in terms of the timeline and document requirement. I could not find any information on the consulate website.

My current state is as follows:
1. Nationality: Indian, Employment status: Unemployed, Previous status: Master student at TU Delft, Netherands from Aug. 2014 to Oct. 2016.
2. Previous residencies: India (current), Netherlands (Aug. 2014 – Nov. 2015), Belgium (Nov. 2015 – Oct. 2016)
3. My previous Schengen visa was valid till December 2016.
4. The PhD position that is offered is fully funded and I will be receiving monthly salary. (It will be helpful if you can explain to me the if I have to apply for a study or work visa.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Administrator
36,519 Posts
I have been offered a funded PhD position at Universidad de Cádiz and want to apply for a long stay visa for the same from India. It will be extremely helpful if somebody can guide me with the visa application process in terms of the timeline and document requirement. I could not find any information on the consulate website.

My current state is as follows:
1. Nationality: Indian, Employment status: Unemployed, Previous status: Master student at TU Delft, Netherands from Aug. 2014 to Oct. 2016.
2. Previous residencies: India (current), Netherlands (Aug. 2014 – Nov. 2015), Belgium (Nov. 2015 – Oct. 2016)
3. My previous Schengen visa was valid till December 2016.
4. The PhD position that is offered is fully funded and I will be receiving monthly salary. (It will be helpful if you can explain to me the if I have to apply for a study or work visa.)

Thanks in advance for the help.
:welcome:

The Spanish Consulate in your country of legal residence will tell you exactly what you need to do, & the university should also help you.

That might not seem to be very helpful - but different Consulates genuinely have different requirements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will definitely contact the consulate.
I was just hoping that somebody on the forum has gone through the process and would be able to help with the actual process. I glanced through the forum, and could not find any relevant thread.
Thanks again.

·
Administrator
36,519 Posts
Thanks. I will definitely contact the consulate.
I was just hoping that somebody on the forum has gone through the process and would be able to help with the actual process. I glanced through the forum, and could not find any relevant thread.
Thanks again.
They would have to have applied through the same consulate as you, to be of much help

I did just remember this thread, though it's more about student visas than research, but it might have some pointers for you, as far as the Consulates in India work re: education linked visas.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/85851-how-get-spanish-student-visa-india-parts-i-ii.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts