Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My name's Kevin and I'm 21. In May, I'm moving in London with a friend of mine for an undefined time hoping to find a spot over there. I'm currently living in Belgium but I wanna meet new people, discover new things and make another living than the one I used to have. I've already been in the US for a year so I guess English will not be a big deal for me.

I graduated in Marketing Management in a uni in Belgium and I also have a added diploma in Leadership and Management I got in N-Y. I speak French, English, Dutch and I can understand spanish if they don't speak too fast...

I wanted to know if you had any advices for young people like us starting in a whole new and big city such as London. I mean about working at the beginning: starting with a low paid job such as waiter in order to cover my fees or if I should start looking for a better job right from the start... Etc. All you could say would really be helpful!!!!

We'd like to travel by car but parking facilities in Zone 2 are really "restricted" so I'm waiting for some tips for us because we have a lot of things to carry with us.

Thanks in advance for all you could tell us. I'm looking forward for your next answers.

Kevin

·
Registered
581 Posts
Tip #1: travel light. Leave as much stuff as you kind behind or get rid of it.

If you have little you will be more flexible and thus can relocate much more easily once you have figured out London.

I don't see why you ask the question about work. Don't you know what you want yourself?

You are the only person that can decide if a lowly job would be enough or if you need a permanent job paying a proper wage.

Something vital to note is that the job market is very bad at the moment, so you should be prepared to apply for jobs as soon as you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.