Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an invite yesterday for 189 visa subclass. The lodgment portal has 17 pages and I can't skip ahead without filling all the info in each page.

Is there any link that has an authoritative list of all the documents I must have to successfully lodge my visa application.

For example, I read on another expat thread that I would need police verification from all countries where i have lived for more than 1 year, that means I need police verification from India & UK as i had studied in London. Now UK police takes about 15 days + delivery time to provide that certificate.

I'm assuming i'll be asked for uploading this document in one of the 17 pages but there could be more such requirements and these could be time taking to arrange and the deadline for invite is only 60 days.

So, a list of such conditional documents would help me lodge my application much quickly as I can prepare my documents in parallel.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
229 Posts
during the application lodging process, you provide details only - NO DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED

Post the visa application submission, is when you have to upload the documents. Based on the current processing timelines, 189 category visa applications are processed in 9-10 weeks post submission.

During this time, is when you can arrange for your Police verification docs.

Otherwise the docs required are

1. Educational docs from Class X onwards
2. Work exp docs - to prove continuity u may need Tax documents etc
3. Passport
4. and all other details that are required to evidence your points claimed will be required.

GO ahead and lodge the application, there is a list that comes up post that.

For now refer the below and above
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/checklists/189-applicant-checklist.pdf

Reactions: johl

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info dchiniwal ..

·
Registered
141 Posts
I received an invite yesterday for 189 visa subclass. The lodgment portal has 17 pages and I can't skip ahead without filling all the info in each page.

Is there any link that has an authoritative list of all the documents I must have to successfully lodge my visa application.

For example, I read on another expat thread that I would need police verification from all countries where i have lived for more than 1 year, that means I need police verification from India & UK as i had studied in London. Now UK police takes about 15 days + delivery time to provide that certificate.

I'm assuming i'll be asked for uploading this document in one of the 17 pages but there could be more such requirements and these could be time taking to arrange and the deadline for invite is only 60 days.

So, a list of such conditional documents would help me lodge my application much quickly as I can prepare my documents in parallel.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Johl,

Congratulations on getting the invitations.

Even I had similar questions before filing the 189 VISA and simply wasted my time in arranging these docs. However to my surprise while submitting the VISA application that has 17 pages, you don't need to upload any docs. Only when the VISA filing is completed, it will take you to a page where you can upload all the documents. Once you appply the VISA, you would no more get into initial EOI login page. It will always take you to the page where you need to just upload the docs. So don't panic and just apply asap.

Another point to note is that Australia immigration software is undergoing some changes, hence their efiling would be disabled from 06-Dec-13 for few days. I would suggest, if you have all the information accurately available, go ahead and submit immediately. Later on once CO is assigned, they will anyway request you all the missing docs through email.

Hope this helps. All the very best.

-Pk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts