Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I am going to relocate to Cyprus in August as my boyfriend has already moved out. (He has been moved with work). I was wondering what my chances are of gaining office work? I only speak English but I am very well Qualified. I have a Bacholors and PostGraduate degree in Human Resources, job experience in this and admin roles. There were a few jobs advertised by agencies I was interested in but I assume as soon as they know I am not actually living in the country yet, did not contact me back.

Ideally I would like a job before I move, can anyone give advice on my chances of getting a job and the best place to look?

Thanks

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I am going to relocate to Cyprus in August as my boyfriend has already moved out. (He has been moved with work). I was wondering what my chances are of gaining office work? I only speak English but I am very well Qualified. I have a Bacholors and PostGraduate degree in Human Resources, job experience in this and admin roles. There were a few jobs advertised by agencies I was interested in but I assume as soon as they know I am not actually living in the country yet, did not contact me back.

Ideally I would like a job before I move, can anyone give advice on my chances of getting a job and the best place to look?

Thanks
There have been a number of HR roles advertised recently (try the EURES job portal linked under the sticky for jobs). Most stipulate fluency in both English and Greek and knowledge of HR practice in Cyprus. But there are still a few UK start-ups that occasionally advertise for HR posts. What area (location) are you interested in? As a general rule, it is easier to find posts once you are here (with a few exceptions of Cypriot companies hiring on UK visits) and quite often IT posts and of course offshore firms normally recruit internationally). As many recent posts have pointed out, there is wide unemployment at the moment and posts are scarce, but there are still openings for those with the right qualifications and experience (and normally, I'm afraid connections - maybe therefore explore opportunities related to your partner's connections). Good luck...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There have been a number of HR roles advertised recently (try the EURES job portal linked under the sticky for jobs). Most stipulate fluency in both English and Greek and knowledge of HR practice in Cyprus. But there are still a few UK start-ups that occasionally advertise for HR posts. What area (location) are you interested in? As a general rule, it is easier to find posts once you are here (with a few exceptions of Cypriot companies hiring on UK visits) and quite often IT posts and of course offshore firms normally recruit internationally). As many recent posts have pointed out, there is wide unemployment at the moment and posts are scarce, but there are still openings for those with the right qualifications and experience (and normally, I'm afraid connections - maybe therefore explore opportunities related to your partner's connections). Good luck...
Thanks for your reply. Ideally I would like something in or around Larnaca. I am not just limited to HR jobs/Admin. I will do anything just to work when I get out. I supose with unemployment being so high competition is very high.

Thankyou again for your help it is much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.