Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Searched a bit and couldn't find anything definitive in the previous posts, or at least anything that was specific enough for my scenario. Here they are:

1. My husband has been renting our house in the UK since August. Only his name is on the lease. For some reason he doesn't have a council tax bill- and we're not sure why. Is it foolish to apply without it? We have proof that he does indeed occupy the property. We haven't received any answers from the estate agency other than "check the post."

2. NatWest bank statements I've seen have been bothersome for more than just us. We've been told we cannot have them stamped. Would it help or hurt the application to have NatWest write a letter stating that they cannot stamp anything? I imagine it would imply that the documents are possibly fraudulent. (We only have the official PDF print outs from my husband's online account as he doesn't receive paper copies)

3. The address on my husband's bank statements is his parents' address, where he lived right before moving into the new place in August. Because he does online banking, he never made the change. Also, because we're renting and his parents own their house, he thinks that their house is more "permanent" for these types of things. Does this need to be explained in his letter?

4. My husband doesn't have an employment contract- his company doesn't have a contract policy. He has a letter from his boss stating his start date and he can confirm his salary. There may be a P60 as well, but I'm not as knowledgeable about those. He's had the position for about 3 years.

5. Do I send the receipt for the biometrics along with my papers?

6. Proposed fight itineraries: I'm just going to use miles as soon as the visa is approved and sent back. What else do I need to explain?

7. Do they want a copy of everything including the application (and all those blank pages)?

8. When does one get their mind back in order after this whole thing is done?!

Thanks to everyone in advance!!
Ashley

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hopefully someone can chime in if I'm wrong on anything...

Hey everyone!

Searched a bit and couldn't find anything definitive in the previous posts, or at least anything that was specific enough for my scenario. Here they are:

1. My husband has been renting our house in the UK since August. Only his name is on the lease. For some reason he doesn't have a council tax bill- and we're not sure why. Is it foolish to apply without it? We have proof that he does indeed occupy the property. We haven't received any answers from the estate agency other than "check the post."

Is council tax included in his rent? If not, he needs to notify the council tax department that he is the new occupant so they can generate a bill ASAP rather than whack him with a huge bill to pay next March. (If he sorts it now he can pay installments. I'm not sure how soon it woul be available for your application though. If it is included in his rent then a landlord letter needs to confirm this.

2. NatWest bank statements I've seen have been bothersome for more than just us. We've been told we cannot have them stamped. Would it help or hurt the application to have NatWest write a letter stating that they cannot stamp anything? I imagine it would imply that the documents are possibly fraudulent. (We only have the official PDF print outs from my husband's online account as he doesn't receive paper copies)

I doubt they will do that letter. Have you tried other branches?

3. The address on my husband's bank statements is his parents' address, where he lived right before moving into the new place in August. Because he does online banking, he never made the change. Also, because we're renting and his parents own their house, he thinks that their house is more "permanent" for these types of things. Does this need to be explained in his letter?

Not quite sure what he means, it would be easier to have just changed the address as further proof of residence, but he should explain he was living with his parents previously hence the address on statements

4. My husband doesn't have an employment contract- his company doesn't have a contract policy. He has a letter from his boss stating his start date and he can confirm his salary. There may be a P60 as well, but I'm not as knowledgeable about those. He's had the position for about 3 years.

If he has been with them for 3 years he would have had a P60 around May this year, he needs to include it. A letter from employer confirming he was not given a contract either.

Yes - on top

6. Proposed fight itineraries: I'm just going to use miles as soon as the visa is approved and sent back. What else do I need to explain?

Just print one for your ideal travel date. They're not bothered about how you pay - i plan to use Air miles for my husband but did't refer to it.

7. Do they want a copy of everything including the application (and all those blank pages)?

Print everything!

8. When does one get their mind back in order after this whole thing is done?!

When you get the visa until the next time :p

Thanks to everyone in advance!!
Ashley

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Hey everyone!

He should contact the council.

Ask them to print the statements in bank and write a letter authenticating them.

That doesn't 'to make any sense. It may be their permanent address but it's not his. He really needs to get that changed.

He should be able to ask for a contract. If not the lack of a contract should be explained in the employment letter. Yes, he will have a P60. They are issued once a year. It's similar to a W2.

They don 'to care how you're going to pay for your ticket. They want to know when you'd like to travel. Go to a site like Expedia create an itinerary and print it out.

You don't need a copy of the application but send a copy of everything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.