Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What documents do we need we live my life parents?

A letter from parents confirming we have lives there since 2015

Recent council tax bill

Letter stating they are owners of their house

What else would I need?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

Recent council tax bill

What else would I need?

Many thanks

If they live in England or Wales and purchased after 1982 there will be a Land Registry record which is needed to confirm ownership. Before 1982 the Title Deed record is required

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Recent council tax bill

What else would I need?

Many thanks

If they live in England or Wales and purchased after 1982 there will be a Land Registry record which is needed to confirm ownership. Before 1982 the Title Deed record is required
I never used anything like this for FLR just a mortgage letter confirming they own the property

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I never used anything like this for FLR just a mortgage letter confirming they own the property

11. MAA11 Adequacy of accommodation

The ECO’s judgement should be based on the evidence from the applicant. If the ECO is not sure of the credibility of the applicant, he / she should ask to see a letter from the owner of the property (which may be a housing authority, housing association, landlord or a building society). This should confirm particulars of tenure and occupation of the dwelling, together with a description of the accommodation and, if rented, a copy of the lease.

The onus is on the applicant to provide confirmation that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation.

A letter can be used from the Blding Society to confirm tenure. Just be aware many Mortgage Agreements do have Clauses which require the Lender's Consent if other Adults over 18 are to reside at the Address.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.