1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a question w.r.t the condition below:

Conditions of Victorian Government nomination

1.You and your dependants intend to live in Victoria for at least two years. You understand that this two year commitment commences from the time that you arrive to live in Australia.

I am currently employed as an IT security consultant and my existing company is willing to transfer me to its Melbourne office. Company has clients in other states and depending on the work assignment, I will be asked to travel and stay in other states for days/months. During such deputations my base location for will remain Melbourne.

Will living in Sydney while working for a company registered in Melbourne be a breach of the Victorian government nomination condition mentioned above?

How would you interpret 'live in Victoria for at least two years'?

Thanks in advance for your response.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would think it means you have to live there. As in your primary residence and address is in VIC.

Hi,

1.You and your dependants intend to live in Victoria for at least two years. You understand that this two year commitment commences from the time that you arrive to live in Australia.

I am currently employed as an IT security consultant and my existing company is willing to transfer me to its Melbourne office. Company has clients in other states and depending on the work assignment, I will be asked to travel and stay in other states for days/months. During such deputations my base location for will remain Melbourne.

Will living in Sydney while working for a company registered in Melbourne be a breach of the Victorian government nomination condition mentioned above?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hi,

Yes it is a breach and your visa will be probably revoked. I guess only exception is if you work for a consultant company (like Thoughtworks) and your residential address is where you were hired (for this example say hired for Melbourne office); but you're temporarily sent to another city(say Sydney) and company pays for your temporary accommodation there and every week or two you're flying back to your residential place during weekends.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you spark92 and saz82 for your response. I agree with your interpretation of this particular clause. Would you advice sending an email to [email protected] asking for a clarification.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Yes it is a breach and your visa will be probably revoked. I guess only exception is if you work for a consultant company (like Thoughtworks) and your residential address is where you were hired (for this example say hired for Melbourne office); but you're temporarily sent to another city(say Sydney) and company pays for your temporary accommodation there and every week or two you're flying back to your residential place during weekends.
visas are not revoked for this. 190 bears no condition at all.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Check the conditions of your visa (if any), and I don't think moving around with a base company in VIC would be a problem so long as you primarily live there. If you still feel confused, email them for further clarification.

Thank you spark92 and saz82 for your response. I agree with your interpretation of this particular clause. Would you advice sending an email to [email protected] asking for a clarification.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Folks,

Response from VIC:

"The State Government of Victoria does not restrict applicants from visiting other states for business purposes".

Thanks.

Reactions: R.P.G
1 - 7 of 7 Posts