Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a Canadian citizen, and I am thinking of buying a property in the usa, I know I can stay for 6 months, but if I wanted to stay longer what would I have to do? We have thought we would like to open a small business there as well can anyone tell me what the procedure is and how to apply . thanks
Djam:)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hi I am a Canadian citizen, and I am thinking of buying a property in the usa, I know I can stay for 6 months, but if I wanted to stay longer what would I have to do? We have thought we would like to open a small business there as well can anyone tell me what the procedure is and how to apply . thanks
Djam:)
The visa is the E2. You'll need to invest a minimum of $200k. The business should employ Americans. Either you need to do a lot of research on the procedure or hire an attorney. Don't fall into the trap of buying the business and then trying to make it fit the visa

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The visa is the E2. You'll need to invest a minimum of $200k. The business should employ Americans. Either you need to do a lot of research on the procedure or hire an attorney. Don't fall into the trap of buying the business and then trying to make it fit the visa
this is very helpfull, is it hard to stay longer than 6 months if you own a property and are a canadian citizen? We would like to stay longer than 6 months and also to look into a business
djam:cool:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
this is very helpfull, is it hard to stay longer than 6 months if you own a property and are a canadian citizen? We would like to stay longer than 6 months and also to look into a business
djam:cool:
Not as a tourist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts