Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knowledgeable members,

I am posting on behalf of a friend:

His wife has just been granted a Spouse Visa from Kenya, and will come to live with him in the UK in July. I would like to meet up with them in Barcelona in August, and had some questions regarding a Schengen Visa for her. I have researched this, but most of the answers I found were contradictory and out of date.

1) Does she need a Schengen Visa if she is travelling with him?
2) Can she Apply for a Schengen Visa from UK or is she best doing that whilst still in Kenya?
3) What category should she apply for a Schengen Visa to Spain?

Your help as always is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
#1 Yes, as visa national.
#2 She can apply in UK as she has spouse visa. Or it may be quicker in Kenya, as I presume Spanish embassy isn't inundated with visa applications. She can get her visa free in UK as wife of a British national, and should get it free in Kenya, but she needs to clarify this.
#3 Just Schengen visa for tourism.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joppa, sorry to resurect this thread.
Was just reading on Spanish visa page that:
"Citizens of these countries who have been residing in the UK for at least three months and plan on visiting Spain are required to get a Spain visa in order to be able to enter Spain."
Read more at https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/spain-visa/uk/#KpxhIeX0uPPhXbM9.99

Can I take it from this that she has to have been living in UK for 3 months before applying to visit Spain? She is moving to UK in July and wanted to visit Spain in August.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Yes, they have that rule but it may be waived in case of marriage to an EU national. Or she can apply in Kenya.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.