Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
folks

i am applying for 175 visa with my brother as dependent...can someone plz let me know how should i prove that we have been living in the same household since birth?

thanks a lot for your help!

G

·
Living in the same household alone is not enough to claim dependence. As well as showing he lives in your home, not both in your parents home, you need to show he is dependent on you for all of his needs. Food, roof over his head, education, medical care etc. Ie you pay for all of this because he is either very young so can not work or still studying as a young adult.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically he is 19 and is a full time student. The only issue cud b that v r living in our parents home...apart from that i m affording all his expenses...is there anyway i can make it work?

·
Registered
630 Posts
folks

i am applying for 175 visa with my brother as dependent...can someone plz let me know how should i prove that we have been living in the same household since birth?

thanks a lot for your help!
are your parents alive? if they are deceased you maybe able to take your brother with you. otherwise i just don't see how you can convince diac that your brother is your dependent, it most likely will not work and will hamper your chance to get a visa for yourself.

in such cases most people immigrate first, and then later sponsor their siblings.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they r alive...but both of them r on their pension...and its hardly enuf to support themselves...so i m the one who supports my brother in every case...is their anyway diac can understand this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.