Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this forum,and reside in London UK,and looking at relocating to Penang for 3-4 years,before i retire.[with a view to retiring there]

My question is what Visa do i need??,I am a British Citizen with passport,and know you get a 90 social visit visa on arrival,can this be renewed every 90 days doing a trip somewhere indefinatley??.

As for the MM2H program,i am not yet 50 and my money is insufficient,to fulfil the criteria for another 5 years or so.

I am not seeking employment,just being a self supporting holiday maker on a long holiday.

Any help would be more than welcome,thanks

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this forum,and reside in London UK,and looking at relocating to Penang for 3-4 years,before i retire.[with a view to retiring there]

My question is what Visa do i need??,I am a British Citizen with passport,and know you get a 90 social visit visa on arrival,can this be renewed every 90 days doing a trip somewhere indefinatley??.

As for the MM2H program,i am not yet 50 and my money is insufficient,to fulfil the criteria for another 5 years or so.

I am not seeking employment,just being a self supporting holiday maker on a long holiday.

Any help would be more than welcome,thanks

Steve
Hi Steve,

I have been living in Penang for a couple of years on a 90 day visa. It works well. Every 3 months I go somewhere outside the country. If I have no particular destination in mind, I just take a bus or a van to the Thai border and come back (the same day). No big deal.

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Steve,

I have been living in Penang for a couple of years on a 90 day visa. It works well. Every 3 months I go somewhere outside the country. If I have no particular destination in mind, I just take a bus or a van to the Thai border and come back (the same day). No big deal.

Paul
Thanks for the reply,only i hear so many rumours,about visa runs and getting caught for doing manyat the border,is there anywhere i can go on line and check this information out.

With your reply it sounds good,have you heard of any other expats being stopped for doing these runs every 90 days??.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply,only i hear so many rumours,about visa runs and getting caught for doing manyat the border,is there anywhere i can go on line and check this information out.

With your reply it sounds good,have you heard of any other expats being stopped for doing these runs every 90 days??.
I don't understand what "doing manyat" means.

Keep in mind, there are no ironclad rules and regulations in the visa game. You never know when a government will change it's rules.

Thailand is notorious for changing the rules. Malaysia is not. Over the years I have not had a problem going in and out of Malaysia. I can't speak for anyone else.

However, the trick is not to overstay your visa... anywhere! Malaysia has a good relationship with the UK. I don't see any problems for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts