Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am living in Pakistan and working in Iraq. I am planning to move from Pakistan and start living in Dubai/Abu Dhabi or Qatar. Can anyone please let me know how is the process? Hw will I get the resident permit? How is the cost of living and housing?

Regards,

Asim

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have a job and a visa for you and your wife, you will find living in Abu Dhabi and Dubai quite similar. Dubai offers more chances to spend money on the various attractions available. Abu Dhabi is a bit more quiet but also has a lot of beautiful malls and restaurants, clubs. If you shop at the upscale stores like Spinneys or the fancy malls on a regular basis you should be earning in a higher bracket. Otherwise groceries in other stores like Lulu and the cooperatives are relatively inexpensive. I dream of the shawarmas when we lived there 6 years ago. They were tasty and substantial and cost about AED 3.50. I hear that they are more costly now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.