Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out if I have enough to live in France. I have money allotted for rent and health insurance. After that I will have 2,000.00 left. I do not plan on having a car so no insurance upkeep, etc. but of course I will be traveling on subway, etc. Do you think I can live on 2,000.00 US money a month.

·
Administrator
53,182 Posts
Depends on what sort of visa you'll be going on and where exactly in France you're planning on living. The fact that you mention the subway indicates you're thinking of Paris, which is expensive. $2000 after rent and health insurance might be ok - but it depends on how much you're planning on spending on rent.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
564 Posts
I am trying to find out if I have enough to live in France. I have money allotted for rent and health insurance. After that I will have 2,000.00 left. I do not plan on having a car so no insurance upkeep, etc. but of course I will be traveling on subway, etc. Do you think I can live on 2,000.00 US money a month.
I'm assuming you are young and a student of some sort*.

US2,000 AFTER rent and insurance that gives you E50 a day, more or less, & that should be fine. But you will have to keep close tabs on what you spend. You won't be living the high life.

*If not, then that's the lifestyle you'll be living. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.