Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find my last post,

Please may somebody tell me what kind of documents do you need to show living together ? We live with our parents and I don't pay bills or anything ..?

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
You need documents from official sources like your doctor's surgery, HMRC, they should be able to put one or both of you on the council tax, bank statements, DVLA, letter about NIN.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great I will my wife's parents if they are able to put my wife on the council tax. ALso can we use provisional license photo copy as provide? Also how many different sources can we use? I've had a look and have a 6 different sources , also how long apart as me and my wife don't have same month documents?

Many thanks for your help

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also are we not allowed to use work place documents? And pension letters,car insurance ?

·
Registered
924 Posts
you are allowed to use pension letters, HMRC letters or any other work place official document.

Car Insurance, I am not so sure, but then I can't imagine that being a problem.

If I were you, I would sit down and make a timeline of all the evidence you have, both in your name and your wife's and make a chronological list. As long as you have a good mix of official sources and no gaps of longer than 5 months, it should be fine. But do make a timeline first.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the documents we have so far

Me:
?driver and vehicle licensing agency November 2015
?department for work and pensions December 2015
?national employment saving trust
February 2016
?East Riding of Yorkshire council gym membership August 2016
?East Riding college course motor vehicle course enrolment document September 2016
- oasis dental care December 2016
? Easy riding council gym membership February 2017
?National employment savings trust June 2017
? NHS doctor registration July 2017

My wife:

?Halifax bank December 2015
? HMRC june 2016
? HMRC October 2016
? Doctors December 2016
? NHS march 2017
? Car tax march 2017
? HEALthy start sure start June 2017
? HMRC June 2017

Here Is my time line I would love some feedback , what wouldn't no you include is there anymore I should include ??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you are allowed to use pension letters, HMRC letters or any other work place official document.

Car Insurance, I am not so sure, but then I can't imagine that being a problem.

If I were you, I would sit down and make a timeline of all the evidence you have, both in your name and your wife's and make a chronological list. As long as you have a good mix of official sources and no gaps of longer than 5 months, it should be fine. But do make a timeline first.
Many thanks I have made a time line please let me know what you think

Thank you very much

·
Registered
924 Posts
The evidence looks fine. December 2015 to June 2016 is a bit of a large gap, if your wife has anything in between those periods, it would be good to put that in. Perhaps a bank statement addressed to her from that period?

Make sure to keep saving any correspondence going further. I assume you will not be applying for renewal before December 2017?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The evidence looks fine. December 2015 to June 2016 is a bit of a large gap, if your wife has anything in between those periods, it would be good to put that in. Perhaps a bank statement addressed to her from that period?

Make sure to keep saving any correspondence going further. I assume you will not be applying for renewal before December 2017?
Many thanks, shall I include all the letters?
I will be applying in march 2018 I save everything that comes in the post ?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
As you won't be applying until March 2018, just keep all correspondence and then, when you are ready to apply, select the correspondence that is evenly distributed over the period of time of the visa....either joint or individual every four to five months.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As you won't be applying until March 2018, just keep all correspondence and then, when you are ready to apply, select the correspondence that is evenly distributed over the period of time of the visa....either joint or individual every four to five months.
Many thanks. Is more documents better? As I do have a few more from each month x

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
No, you don't really need to send more than are required, as long as you are covering the whole period and they are as evenly spaced as possible. We covered the previous two years as the form at that time asked for that, but we put in an extra joint one to cover the first six months. I don't see a problem in one or two extra but don't clutter your application with too much unnecessary documentation.

Of course, things could change before next March so it is important to check the requirements from time to time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, you don't really need to send more than are required, as long as you are covering the whole period and they are as evenly spaced as possible. We covered the previous two years as the form at that time asked for that, but we put in an extra joint one to cover the first six months. I don't see a problem in one or two extra but don't clutter your application with too much unnecessary documentation.

Of course, things could change before next March so it is important to check the requirements from time to time.
Ok thanks for such great advice , thavks for your time. Your all just fantastic

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Make sure to keep saving any
correspondence going further. I assume you will not be applying for renewal before December 2017?
Hi I've just found a bank statement Feb and May 2016 am I ok to use this it's a joint account addressed to the both of us ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That should be fine. I would use the Feb 2016 one so that it breaks it up nicely.
Thank you
Kim. Also I'm unsure to include for living with live my wife's parents, council tax bill , latest phone bill , letter confirming we live with them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.