Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can any one help me out the living expenses incurred in Canada.
Which place in Canada is good to live with family.
I heard free education to kids till the age of 18 yrs is it right. what would be the criteria.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,179 Posts
The cost of living varies greatly across Canada, so it's difficult to put a dollar figure on it. In some ways, it's cheaper to live in Toronto than it is in Vancouver.

I don't know what part of India you live in, but for an idea as to how much the cost of living in Delhi compares to Vancouver, look at this page.

In regards to which place in Canada is good to live with family... Canada is a huge country, so it would depend on personal preference. I have a brother who lives with his wife and children in Toronto while my other brother lives in Vancouver.

To ask this question would be like asking "Which place in India is good to live with family?" My husband likes Mumbai, while I'd like to go to Shimla, and another friend (in India) thinks that Tamil Naidu is good and I've heard from other people that Goa is the place to be.

"What would be the criteria"

What would be the criteria for what? I don't understand what you're asking.

Public school (run by the government) education is "free" for children to grade 12 (17/18 years of age) in that they don't have to pay tuition... however, you do have to "pay" for the maintenance of the schools in the district you live in by way of property taxes and the like. Everyone pays a school levy regardless of whether or not one has school aged children (my parents are senior citizens and have to pay the levy, just like my brothers do).

School supplies for the students are also paid for by the family of each student... supply lists vary from grade to grade and school to school. In secondary school, there is often an "activities fee" that is payable (by the family) on a yearly basis as well as the school supplies list.

Uniforms are not generally required to be worn but there is a dress code for public school students (clothing must be in good repair, not have any inappropriate words or pictures, must cover certain parts of the body etc).

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Hi All,

Can any one help me out the living expenses incurred in Canada.

Canada is the second largest country in the world. India would fit into Canada 3.03 times.

The cost of living in Vancouver is vastly different from the cost of living in Winnipeg which is vastly different from the cost of living in Montreal.

Which place in Canada is good to live with family.

See above, Canada is too large to answer that.

I heard free education to kids till the age of 18 yrs is it right. what would be the criteria.

Public high school education is free but not all provinces have kids go to school until 18, many graduate kids at 17.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.