Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I will be moving to the US next year (Boston area) and I'd be grateful for any advice on where to live. I'll be working in the Waltham area and my daughters will be attending the British School near the Brookline area. We are looking at Chestnut hill (very nice) but may have to look elsewhere if properties aren't available (or prove too expensive!). We have a young family so out of the hussle and bustle is essential, not bothered too much about links into Boston as I will be working in Waltham.

The villages that make up Newton look lovely so any advice on which ones would suit a family with young children and allow a relatively easy commute to Waltham/British School would be appreciated!!

Thanks all :)

Peter

·
Administrator
49,871 Posts
Newton, Needham and Wellesley are all nice towns with good access to both Brookline and Waltham. You might even look out as far as Natick and Framingham - or even Weston or Wayland. For my tastes, I prefer to be outside the Route 95 "ring road" (most folks there still refer to it as Route 128), but it may or may not suit you.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
25 Posts
Newton/Wellsley/Brookline are very expensive... so if they are within your budget, definitely go for them. MA communities are safer as you go toward Rhode Island, but with your daughters going to school in Brookline, you probably want to stay nearby. I'd suggest Walpole, Foxborough, or Sharon as safe, affordable, nearby alternates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts