Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

i am new to this site and to Italy. I have recently moved here to be with my long term partner who has a company here and of course I am feeling a little homesick and lonely. I want to meet people not just English speaking people, I am looking to improve my Italian but I don't really know the areas well. I know how to get to and from places thats about all at the moment. It would be really great to meet people around just so i can meet and chat, even improve my italian.

Any feedback or replies would be fantastic.. I am planning on being here until mid 2018.

Beth. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sansepolcro is a nice place. I've moved here after a time spent in Germany and Denmark, walking in Sansepolcro is amazing but in winter people just go to point A to point B and is a sort of ghost town. in Summer is much better! Cheers Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Apologies for being off topic but I was wondering how it goes with your beekeeping in Sansepulcro?
We had 5 hives in the south of Umbria but 2 died in the late Autumn. Quite hard going for us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Beth,

This is a probably a long shot as your post was almost two years ago now! But I recently moved to Arezzo with my Italian boyfriend and I'm also looking for people to meet up with. I knew it was a small town and am fully committed to learning the language and immersing myself here but as I'm sure you know it's a slow process and sometimes you need someone to chat to in English!
Let me know if you're still in the area - would be good to meet for a coffee or better yet an aperitivo!

Angelica

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Angelica,
I am in Sansepolcro for the semester and I am looking to meet Italian and English speakers to go around and enjoy the area with. Maybe we can meet up at one of the coffee shops or get some lunch. :)

Monique

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Monique,

Sorry I've taken so long to reply - the notification for this went to my junk mail! I'd love to meet for a coffee/lunch soon if you're still available? Let me know when is good for you!

Angelica

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Alessia, I am originally from Italy but I have spent the last 12 years in Brussels and now my partner and I live between Brussels and Sansepolcro. We are looking for meeting expats living in the same area, we would love to find friends here that have an international background and some experiences abroad. We have a couple of Italian friends here, but we miss a lot the international community of Brussels. It would be great to meet over a glass of wine or for some visits to the beautiful small villages of this area.

We are now in Sansepolcro and we will spend most of our summer here!

Looking forward to meeting you soon!!

A presto,
Alessia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts