Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie-be kind:p

We (me, hubby & 4 kids 1-17) want to move to the area just east of Gibraltar but no further than Estepona. Hubby going to be working on The Rock but we want to live Spanish!:plane:

My Spanish is quite good and I want the kids to go to good public local schools. We would like to get involved with the community while having the back-up of a few expats:clap2:

Sabanillas old town has been suggested but I'm really looking for some good views from people living in the area.:ranger:

All help welcome:tongue1:

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
Newbie-be kind:p

We (me, hubby & 4 kids 1-17) want to move to the area just east of Gibraltar but no further than Estepona. Hubby going to be working on The Rock but we want to live Spanish!:plane:

My Spanish is quite good and I want the kids to go to good public local schools. We would like to get involved with the community while having the back-up of a few expats:clap2:

Sabanillas old town has been suggested but I'm really looking for some good views from people living in the area.:ranger:

All help welcome:tongue1:
The first choice to make is campo or costa. There are some lovely inland pueblos near to Gibraltar - Jimena de la Frontera and Manilva have thriving expat communities while remaining very Spanish.

On the coast, running westward from Gib are Sotogrande (expensive), Sabinillas and Estepona - all good choices. Sotogrande has a large (and expensive) international (English language) school and the nearby village of Torreguadiaro is still largely Spanish.

La Linea (right by the Gib Border) has a bit of a rough reputation but is improving. It is large and has all facilities.

Hope that helps.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.