Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Im really hoping someone can help me and hopefully shed a little light for me! I need to know if Ill be allegable to emigrate and if there is anything else I can do to increase my chances... I am 20 years old and visit the US regularly due to family (Aunty&Uncle)and also just adore the place! It has always since I can remember been the ultimate for me..to move to america. Well now Im actually trying to do something about it! It will probably be a long process as I know its not easy and there are things I will need to do before I could apply (so I have kind of given myself 3 years to get out there).
Well I am a carer at the moment but wanting to get into childcare, I already have some grades from highschool and college for childcare/health and social care but I am about to start some diplomas/nvq's to gain more experience and qualification! Ideally I would like to be a nanny to start off if I get accepted for a Visa and then eventually once settled with enough behind me Id like to open my own nursery (but thats way in the future..first things first eh!).
Anyways, I hope this is enough to help anyone help me! :) thanks x

·
Administrator
51,971 Posts
Take a look at the stickies at the top of the page for the America forum here, particularly this one: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/am...ica/30374-looking-live-america-will-help.html It gives you a check list of those items that may give you the basis for a visa for the US.

From your post, there isn't anything real helpful - aunty and uncle won't do you any good as sponsors, and childcare isn't normally the kind of work where you can find an employer sponsor. There is an au pair visa for the US, but the au pair concept is poorly understood in the US and subject to abuse. Besides, the au pair visa is for a limited term and you MUST return home after the end of your term - so may not be quite what you had in mind.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts