Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I got my letter to go to OFII early December. Kinda nervous about the whole process. It asks for a list of vaccinations. I didn't bring one from the States. Can anyone who has gone through it or will go through it give me a sample list of vaccinations? I'd like to type one up myself. Trouble is I don't remember all the names of the vaccinations. I must have had every one of them, though. I served in the Peace Corps in Africa for a little over 2 years.

thank you,
Moon Yun

·
Administrator
49,164 Posts
The list of vaccinations isn't really critical. Type up a list of what you remember. They'll note it all down and that'll be the end of that. They may ask you specifically if you've had x, or y or z (especially if you talk about your Peace Corps experience) and "I'm not sure" is a perfectly valid response.

They're mostly interested in the "standard" vaccinations that you've had in the last 10 years or so - and if you're up to date or not. If not, they'll "recommend" that you get a booster. Easy peasy.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

The list of vaccinations isn't really critical. Type up a list of what you remember. They'll note it all down and that'll be the end of that. They may ask you specifically if you've had x, or y or z (especially if you talk about your Peace Corps experience) and "I'm not sure" is a perfectly valid response.

They're mostly interested in the "standard" vaccinations that you've had in the last 10 years or so - and if you're up to date or not. If not, they'll "recommend" that you get a booster. Easy peasy.
Cheers,
Bev
Merci beaucoup!:love:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Merci beaucoup!:love:
I went through the process and the OFII takes your word about your vaccination history. It's kind of per functionary and there's no verification and OF COURSE ALL YOUR VACCINATIONS ARE UP TO DATE? :rolleyes: What they're mostly concerned about is TB.

Don't sweat it

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went through the process and the OFII takes your word about your vaccination history. It's kind of per functionary and there's no verification and OF COURSE ALL YOUR VACCINATIONS ARE UP TO DATE? :rolleyes: What they're mostly concerned about is TB.

Don't sweat it
thank you. Is there a vaccination for TB? If so, I'd like to list that.

·
Administrator
49,164 Posts
thank you. Is there a vaccination for TB? If so, I'd like to list that.
In France they vaccinate for TB. In the US they don't. Allegedly, the vaccination isn't terribly effective - but I guess it's better than nothing. In any event, if you get the vaccination for TB, you will get a positive result on any tuberculin skin test (the preferred approach in the US) and you have to let the folks know that you have been vaccinated, which is why you test positive for "exposure."

If you really want the vaccination for that, ask your French doctor.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In France they vaccinate for TB. In the US they don't. Allegedly, the vaccination isn't terribly effective - but I guess it's better than nothing. In any event, if you get the vaccination for TB, you will get a positive result on any tuberculin skin test (the preferred approach in the US) and you have to let the folks know that you have been vaccinated, which is why you test positive for "exposure."

If you really want the vaccination for that, ask your French doctor.
Cheers,
Bev
Thank you. Come to think of it, you have to get tested for TB in Hawaii, and I don't have it. So I will list that I got vaccinated. Thank you.

·
Administrator
49,164 Posts
Thank you. Come to think of it, you have to get tested for TB in Hawaii, and I don't have it. So I will list that I got vaccinated. Thank you.
Don't list that you've been vaccinated. You haven't been. They generally know that the US doesn't vaccinate for TB - just say that. You'll have a chest x-ray at your OFII medical, and they'll know full well that you don't have TB.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't list that you've been vaccinated. You haven't been. They generally know that the US doesn't vaccinate for TB - just say that. You'll have a chest x-ray at your OFII medical, and they'll know full well that you don't have TB.
Cheers,
Bev
You're so smart. Thank you. xoxo, hulagirl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.