Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I work in Abu Dhabi and am currently fed up with my employer. What are the penalties I can expect by UAE labor law? I know about the notice period, but tell me:
1. what happens if I don't wait the period and just quit, that's it? How long can I stay in UAE afterwards?
2. what happens if I wait for those 30 days, how long can I remain in UAE afterwards?

Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Based on UAE labor law, if you just quit your job you can get a work ban of either 6mos-12mos.

You can stay in dubai for 30 days if your visa is cancelled by your employer.

To get rid of a work ban, there are different requirements needed, like minimum salary, or working in Free Zone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been working here since August. There have been many problems, for instance I never received my contract from them, I often work more than five hours without a break, they counted weekends in my vacation time, etc. When signing the contract, which I never saw again, I was told that this would be an unlimited deal; when I used the MOI app and entered my passport number, it said that I am on a limited thing.

All of this is getting to much for me, and I want to quit, the sooner the better. What is the best way out for me? I work here as a native teacher of English and would like to have some time off to FINALLY get a driver's license (I'm still using public transportation which, in Abu Dhabi, is awful), and to look for a new job.

Tips would be highly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts