Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Is there any limit in number of invitations (state sponsorship) in an year ?
Or
Is there any limit in number of invitations (state sponsorship) for one EOI ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hello

Or

Thanks
hi friend,

my answers to your queries are given below in bold.

yes, every state has a ceiling of seats for each occupation nominated by. For every program year, this cap is set by DIAC and informed to states.

An applicant can receive maximum 2 invites through any combinations (189 and 190 or 189 and 189 or 190 and 190 or 190 and 189).

regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi friend,

my answers to your queries are given below in bold.

yes, every state has a ceiling of seats for each occupation nominated by. For every program year, this cap is set by DIAC and informed to states.

An applicant can receive maximum 2 invites through any combinations (189 and 190 or 189 and 189 or 190 and 190 or 190 and 189).

regards,
sathiya

Thanks sathiya for the reply.

• Step 1

I have created a skillselect EOI - (XYZ) with South Australia ; by selecting options 190 and 489 in the online form.

Another skillselect EOI - (ABC) with ACT by selecting options 190 and 489 in the online form.

• Step 2

I have created an online application in the South Australia immigration website, for 489 visa (after the EOI - XYZ is created).

I received an approval from South Australia - 489 visa and an invitation from Skillselect.

Questions

1. Is it possible for me to withdraw from/cancel this invitation, and hence can save myself without using one invitation?
Reason for withdrawal, if i wait for 4 more months, i would get 5 years of nominated occupation experience ( 5 more points) after ACS deduction (Work experience) and i will be eligible for 190 visa with 60 points.

2. If i do not respond to this invitation, and use my two invitations for South Australia (same EOI - XYZ), Can i create another new EOI (NEW EOI) for South Australia once the two invitations (for EOI - XYZ) are exhausted ?

3. Am i eligible for 2 invitations each for (EOI - XYZ) and (EOI - ABC) ?

Thanks
Varun.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thanks sathiya for the reply.

• Step 1

I have created a skillselect EOI - (XYZ) with South Australia ; by selecting options 190 and 489 in the online form.

Another skillselect EOI - (ABC) with ACT by selecting options 190 and 489 in the online form.

• Step 2

I have created an online application in the South Australia immigration website, for 489 visa (after the EOI - XYZ is created).

I received an approval from South Australia - 489 visa and an invitation from Skillselect.

Questions

1. Is it possible for me to withdraw from/cancel this invitation, and hence can save myself without using one invitation?
Reason for withdrawal, if i wait for 4 more months, i would get 5 years of nominated occupation experience ( 5 more points) after ACS deduction (Work experience) and i will be eligible for 190 visa with 60 points.

2. If i do not respond to this invitation, and use my two invitations for South Australia (same EOI - XYZ), Can i create another new EOI (NEW EOI) for South Australia once the two invitations (for EOI - XYZ) are exhausted ?

Thanks
Varun.
hi varun,

my answers are

no, you can't cancel/withdraw the invite once your EOI is selected by DIAC. What you can do is letting the invite expired automatically after 60 days from the date of invitation. In fact, after an invitation, you can do nothing with that EOI as it will be auto suspension mode.

only you can get 2 invites from DIAC. If you don't use this invite, you have to use the second invite you will receive. if you don't use the second invitation to apply for visa, then you can't lodge eoi again for certain years(3 years), i guess. one candidate gets maximum of 2 invites only.

No, you will get 2 invites only maximum from DIAC. this 2 invites can be a combination of anything (2 state nominations or 2 independent categories, or 2 regional sponsored categories or 1 state+1 independent or 1 state+1 regional or 1 independent+1 regional etc.). but, even creation of 2 eoi's is not allowed. diac can monitor and cross verify your EOI based on the passport number you mention in eoi and hence don't fill in 2 eoi's. instead, create a single eoi and choose 489, 190 options in that itself. under 489/190, choose only a state from which you want to get nomination from. if the invite for this eoi is expired, then you can edit eoi selecting a different state as your destination to get sponsorship.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi varun,

my answers are

no, you can't cancel/withdraw the invite once your EOI is selected by DIAC. What you can do is letting the invite expired automatically after 60 days from the date of invitation. In fact, after an invitation, you can do nothing with that EOI as it will be auto suspension mode.

only you can get 2 invites from DIAC. If you don't use this invite, you have to use the second invite you will receive. if you don't use the second invitation to apply for visa, then you can't lodge eoi again for certain years(3 years), i guess. one candidate gets maximum of 2 invites only.

No, you will get 2 invites only maximum from DIAC. this 2 invites can be a combination of anything (2 state nominations or 2 independent categories, or 2 regional sponsored categories or 1 state+1 independent or 1 state+1 regional or 1 independent+1 regional etc.). but, even creation of 2 eoi's is not allowed. diac can monitor and cross verify your EOI based on the passport number you mention in eoi and hence don't fill in 2 eoi's. instead, create a single eoi and choose 489, 190 options in that itself. under 489/190, choose only a state from which you want to get nomination from. if the invite for this eoi is expired, then you can edit eoi selecting a different state as your destination to get sponsorship.

Thanks Sathiya

The information is really helpful, i have a query...

If i use this invitation for 489 visa, and in the meantime (during the process of 489)... i apply for ACS skill asssessment and get my eligibilty for 190 visa (as mentoned earlier in this forum.

(if i wait for 4 more months, i would get 5 years of nominated occupation experience ( 5 more points) after ACS deduction (Work experience) and i will be eligible for 190 visa with 60 points.)

Is it possible for me to request DIAC or South Australia to change my category from 489 visa to 190 visa (without refunding the fees) ?
Note : It is for the same state ... South Australia...

Thanks
Varun

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thanks Sathiya

The information is really helpful, i have a query...

If i use this invitation for 489 visa, and in the meantime (during the process of 489)... i apply for ACS skill asssessment and get my eligibilty for 190 visa (as mentoned earlier in this forum.

(if i wait for 4 more months, i would get 5 years of nominated occupation experience ( 5 more points) after ACS deduction (Work experience) and i will be eligible for 190 visa with 60 points.)

Is it possible for me to request DIAC or South Australia to change my category from 489 visa to 190 visa (without refunding the fees) ?
Note : It is for the same state ... South Australia...

Thanks
Varun
Varun,

No, the visa category nominated by a state can not be changed. You need to lodge a new application to SA again for 190 visa. But, you need to ensure that your occupation is available to nominate the candidate at that point.

A state never changes your visa from 489 to 190. DIAC can do nothing with this.

sathiya

Reactions: tan_sur69
1 - 6 of 6 Posts