Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am a swiss citizen who is in a relationship with a SA permanent residence. I would like to apply for a life partner temporary visa with work enrollment, as I received a job offer. I have a study permit that will expired by the end of January 2021. I am a bit confused with Vfs's website and also I have read many different statements which makes me more confused. I would appreciate if there is anyone here, who could answer my questions and clarify my situation :
- on vfs should I choose the temporary visa relative spouse, but can I work with that visa?
- on the online form, they ask when I am Planing to enter in SA ect but I am already in South Africa, I don't know what to write and I cannot leave it blank.
- or should I apply for a visitor section 11(6) to be able to work and residing with my partner

I tried to contact vfs several times, but whitout any surprise they cannot help. Home affairs they don't answer. I even tried the SA Embassy in Switzerland also no answer.

I have to apply by the end of October, I would really appreciate if there is anyone who could help me with that.

Thank you.

Mariam

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a swiss citizen who is in a relationship with a SA permanent residence.。。。
Thank you.

Mariam
If you are married, I am quite sure you should apply for visitor's visa 11(6).

But not sure about co-habitation. Wait and see maybe someone else knows better than me.

·
Registered
Lives in Cape Town, South Africa. Originally from Harare, Zimbabwe.
252 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a swiss citizen who is in a relationship with a SA permanent residence. I would like to apply for a life partner temporary visa with work enrollment, as I received a job offer. I have a study permit that will expired by the end of January 2021. I am a bit confused with Vfs's website and also I have read many different statements which makes me more confused. I would appreciate if there is anyone here, who could answer my questions and clarify my situation :
  • on vfs should I choose the temporary visa relative spouse, but can I work with that visa?
  • on the online form, they ask when I am Planing to enter in SA ect but I am already in South Africa, I don't know what to write and I cannot leave it blank.
  • or should I apply for a visitor section 11(6) to be able to work and residing with my partner

I tried to contact vfs several times, but whitout any surprise they cannot help. Home affairs they don't answer. I even tried the SA Embassy in Switzerland also no answer.

I have to apply by the end of October, I would really appreciate if there is anyone who could help me with that.

Thank you.

Mariam
- on vfs should I choose the temporary visa relative spouse, but can I work with that visa?

Relatives Visa applies if you have no job offer. 11(6) applies if you have a job offer. If you plan on working in future then you apply for the Relatives now and change conditions when you get a job.

- on the online form, they ask when I am Planing to enter in SA ect but I am already in South Africa, I don't know what to write and I cannot leave it blank.

Just write a future date, I usually just put a month in advance. The form isn't perfect.

- or should I apply for a visitor section 11(6) to be able to work and residing with my partner

Only when/if you have a job offer. You can't get work endorsement in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts