Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a network engineer. My major is in Telecommunication, along with a CCIE, CWNA and Red hat certification.

I have worked for a couple of years, nevertheless, just having been in France on vacations my French is not very good.

However, I am going to study French for a couple of months before hitting the job market.

At the moment I am just looking for information as I am getting a lot of mixed messages about Toulouse.

Firstly, if there is anyone that know about the job market for a network engineer, I would be very interested in the situation. I have done quite a lot of searches and found that there is a good amount of large networking companies there. However, the employment opportunities is unclear. All the information I have about the requirements etc is from APEC.FR.

Secondly, I hear and read that Toulouse is not safe, while some say it is very safe and pleasant. Does anyone know anything about this? How is it living in Toulouse (safe, clean, people etc).?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Soren

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can't help you with the job search but I do believe that Toulouse is doing better than other cities in terms of riding out the crisis and engineers seem to be able to find work.

As far as safety goes, I think it is quite a safe city. There is a lot of petty crime - theft especially. You have to make sure your doors and windows are locked even at night. I know of many households that were robbed from people breaking open a backdoor, or sliding under the shutters. But usually it's thieves who walk off with a few pieces of electronics. Never heard of anyone being physically harmed in this sort of thing.

There are some dangerous parts of town, and unfortunately many companies are located out that way, near Basso Cambo, the end of the metro line. Not a safe place to walk at night. There are muggings, etc. But I think that the center of town is safe, as are the nearby cities where a lot of expats live, like Blagnac and Colomiers. I live near the center of Toulouse and I've never felt unsafe walking alone at night or riding the metro. I think it's as safe as other cities of the same size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.