Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Wondering if anyone might know about the requirements for the test.

To register I will use my maiden name as it is the name I use for my visa application, and I will use my passport as ID as it also shows my maiden name (although it has a note that includes my husband's surname). The problem is that the proof of postcode that I will use (because I don't have other documents I can use at this time) is my driving licence which shows my married name not the maiden name. Is there any chance they might not accept it because of this reason?

I found this in the guidance documents which is not exactly my case but maybe still applies?:
If you have registered in your married name and your ID is in your maiden name, you must bring an original UK Marriage certificate or a UK Spouse Visa (in date) to support this. Without one of these you will not be allowed to take your test and your test fee will not be refunded.

Am I correct in assuming that if along with the driving licence (as proof of postcode) I show my marriage certificate/BRP then I should be all right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe that the following text you got from online is true. If you don't bring your original UK marriage certificate or an up to date certificate it will almost be invalid and of course you wont be able to take the test. I would seriously sort all this our before trying to sit the test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.