Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ...im in perth since 15 days..struggling to get job ..but local refrence is must, could sum1 help...also please suggest if its mandate to live fr 2yrs in the state u hv been sponsored from..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Megha1704,

You do have to stay in the state that sponsored you for the 1st 2 years. if you need local experience, I would suggest trying to volunteer in some non-profit organization and sign up with a recruitment company for casual jobs that you can do. this is give you some avenues to get into the industry of your choice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi...my visa conditions are nil soo I guess that stay period is nt defined. ..ive signed up fr recruitment agencies bt nooo gud offers n if offers are there...rejections are comin..true local experience is required soo lookin fr small jobs tooo like in restaurant or stores ..but that tooo required local refrence. .What's non profit work placements

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hello Megha1704,
When you have moved in perth?
Small jobs are good choice to support family till getting your relevant job.
Don't give up your effort and keep posting your updates as we are still offshore ! :D
Good Luck :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Reactions: felix2020

·
Registered
837 Posts
Try making friends thru FB and other forums who are in Perth. Interact with them and take their details like phone number and email address. This will be help in giving reference for the jobs. Try group Indians in Perth on FB and check out!

Reactions: Paddy445

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi ...im in perth since 15 days...
15 days too short or too early to see break through , by the time you understand the local market and get some reference it might be 2 to 3 month so I would suggest be prepared and it is not unusual. I had my first interview in Perth on day 3 but started working only after 2 months; in fact I have had heaps of contacts before moving to Perth. Anyway what is your occupation ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try making friends thru FB and other forums who are in Perth. Interact with them and take their details like phone number and email address. This will be help in giving reference for the jobs. Try group Indians in Perth on FB and check out!
Vijay24,

This is completely off topic.... but have you made alot of friends on the Indian in Perth FB?? My husband and I been in Perth of about a year and would really like to get more Indian friends and people in the same boat as us... any advice....

vlavinia

·
Registered
837 Posts
Vijay24,

This is completely off topic.... but have you made alot of friends on the Indian in Perth FB?? My husband and I been in Perth of about a year and would really like to get more Indian friends and people in the same boat as us... any advice....

vlavinia
Hi Vlavinia

I made some friends from this forum also. One friend is already in Perth and one more friend is going to Perth in this month. And some of us are planning to go soon. There is one community on FB named 'Indians in Perth' though I don't know anyone there but a good page to interact and get in touch with Indian families and people for any information. I am planning to come in mid of November, I will send my fb profile later. We can be in touch too! Would like to meet fellow Indians and other expats!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Subscribing to this thread.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Vijay.. I am looking forward to apply study visa to Australia. But i am worried about getting Part time jobs in Perth while studying. Are they easily available . Please give your advice. It will be very helpful for me Bro..

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hi Vijay.. I am looking forward to apply study visa to Australia. But i am worried about getting Part time jobs in Perth while studying. Are they easily available . Please give your advice. It will be very helpful for me Bro..
Hi. I am yet to go to Perth :)

You can get part time jobs, search in Gumtree for casual/part time jobs.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hi. I am yet to go to Perth :)

You can get part time jobs, search in Gumtree for casual/part time jobs.
Dear Vijay24,
Keep posting while you are in Perth, if you get some times whenever you are free. :)

Reactions: Vijay24

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sure!

I will be active. Will post if time permits

Reactions: mithu93ku

·
Registered
48 Posts
any luck with the job megha?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
Most recruiting agencies require the applicants to have local references. So try applying at privately owned businesses. For example, a small cafe, news agency, or convenience store part-time. Then you'll have a reference and can then move on. So rather than look on recruiting websites like seek.com, look at perth gumtree online and the 'jobs' tab.
Goodluck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts