Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got our Permanent Residency approved by NZIS and this forum was recommended by a friend already in NZ.

First visited New Zealand in 1998 as part of a round the world holiday. We liked what we saw and said we would move to NZ as soon as we could.

Our plans are to use the maximum time permitted in collecting our residence visas to delay moving until September 2010 then having a short holiday visiting my sister (who's already got her IRRV), other friends and the parts of NZ we missed out on back in 1998.

My wife needs to return to the UK in order to complete her final six months of her job to collect her full pension. While I'll stay on to find a job (if I haven't found one in the meantime) and starting building our new life.

Already found useful information that we couldn't on other emigration websites!

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Roger,

Welcome to the forum.

I saw that you're in Herts - which part? We moved from Borehamwood in Herts to Australia in 2007.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Roger,

Welcome to the forum.

I saw that you're in Herts - which part? We moved from Borehamwood in Herts to Australia in 2007.

Regards,
Karen
Hi Karen,
Borehamwood is as lovely as ever with the usual crowds at the studios on the Big Brother eviction nights & almost constant roadworks along the main drag.

On the positive side, work has finally started on improving the train link into town with newer rolling stock and platform extensions in preparation for the Olympics in 2012.

So, the most things change the more they remain the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts