Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to Everyone,

I have a bit of situation, while filling up my student visa application, I lied (I was just not thinking properly when I entered my details) I know it's stupid since I have nothing to hide, few days later I received an email from immigration asking to provide details:

"Declarations

When you lodged this application you gave the following declarations:

Have you, or any person included in this application held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?

No

Have you, or any person included in this application ever been refused

No

Information available to this department indicates that one or more of the above declarations may be false or misleading. Please advise if any of the above declarations are incorrect. Please be aware that if you provide fraudulent documents or claims to this department, your application may be refused."

So I have replied directly to the email with my details and explained yes this was a mistake and explained all the previous visa I held in the past.

Since nothing I am not even sure if they have received my details properly and acknowlegde my answer.....

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

I am a belgian citizen level assesment 1,

previsous visa: one Working holiday, one student visa (only did one year out of the 2) and one tourist visa cancelled

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes exactly... I left the country 3 years ago... I feel silly for answering no!

I'm just worried now they would denied my visa...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Agree with the above comments. You only need to wait and see.
I don't think people would have been in the same situation as yours, as most of the forum members are applying for very important visas and would not have "lied" or omit this detail. And we also have a form we can fill in, if we realise there is a mistake. Otherwise, we would have our visa refused.

Hang in there, we'll pray for you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello to Everyone,

I have a bit of situation, while filling up my student visa application, I lied (I was just not thinking properly when I entered my details) I know it's stupid since I have nothing to hide, few days later I received an email from immigration asking to provide details:

"Declarations

When you lodged this application you gave the following declarations:

Have you, or any person included in this application held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia?

No

Have you, or any person included in this application ever been refused

No

Information available to this department indicates that one or more of the above declarations may be false or misleading. Please advise if any of the above declarations are incorrect. Please be aware that if you provide fraudulent documents or claims to this department, your application may be refused."

So I have replied directly to the email with my details and explained yes this was a mistake and explained all the previous visa I held in the past.

Since nothing I am not even sure if they have received my details properly and acknowlegde my answer.....

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

I am a belgian citizen level assesment 1,

previsous visa: one Working holiday, one student visa (only did one year out of the 2) and one tourist visa cancelled
Hey mate, did you get your visa after this email?

·
Registered
23,843 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts