Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Me again. As part of my 2E Visa we need to get Liability Insurance once we get to France because we don't have this type of insurance in Canada. Can anyone who has gone through this before tell me where in France I can get this type of insurance? Also, my fiance and I don't speak a ton of French yet, so if you know of somewhere that might be friendly to English speakers or those new to the country that could help us get this type of insurance that would be great.

Also, do we need anything to get this type of insurance and how much does it cost?

We will be living in Toulouse, France.

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

·
Administrator
51,971 Posts
Easiest way to get most forms of insurance when you're new in town is to set up a bank account and then ask your friendly bank adviser. The banks sell all sorts of insurance and while they may not always have the best rates, it definitely is one-stop shopping.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easiest way to get most forms of insurance when you're new in town is to set up a bank account and then ask your friendly bank adviser. The banks sell all sorts of insurance and while they may not always have the best rates, it definitely is one-stop shopping.
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks! We will look into that. Do you recommend any banks in particular? Are there any that might be known for dealing with foreigners?

·
Administrator
51,971 Posts
Banking in France is done very much on a branch level. While certain policies apply across the board, it really depends on the location and the management of the branch you choose to use. Some branches have English speaking personnel - others don't. And you definitely want to find a branch that is conveniently located for your purposes (close to home or work) as there are a certain number of functions you have to do in person.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.