Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I got my ITA yesterday, in my EOI I applied for ICT project manager, the education requirement for this is to have level 7. I do have Level 7 as well as Level 9 education and I mentioned both of them in my EOI. I got extra 10 marks because of level 9 but some of my friends told me that my application will be rejected because they will consider it overqualified. :confused2:

They asked me not to submit Level 9 education I am really confused as I have already mentioned in my EOI and I got 10 marks for that. I heard previously few cases were rejected based on over qualification.

Would appreciate if someone can share his experience.

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
As I understand ......
A level 9 qualification is awarded 60 points on it's own merit and a Level 7 qualification 50 points.
However, you can only claim for one qualification.
If you claim for the Level 9 qualification you will miss out on any points associated with an occupation off the LTSSL as Level 9 does not meet the requirements for that occupation exactly - it is too high (or overqualified).
Generally a person claims for the qualification that awards them the most points on the EOI and anybody would think that this would be the Level 9 qualification at 60 points, when in fact you may gain more points using the Level 7 qualification which then allows the bonus points associated with an occupation off the LTSSL.

I'm unsure how you progress your ITA submission though. I wouldn't take your friends advice unless verified by Immigration or a suitable advisor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts