Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again so i am seeing everyone posting about letters from their sponsor for spousal visas. what does this letter need to include? my husband, bless him, doesnt know what to write in his letter lol. please help. what kind of stuff are they looking for? i will be submitting my visa pplication at the end of the month please help. thank you (btw just in case i am a US citz. and he is the UK citz. thanks :):confused:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
There used to be a downloadable sponsor form that needed to accompany the application. Check the UKBA site, it should be with the downloads for the application guides. Then read everything

s l o w l y and c a r e f u l l y,

reading aloud for clarification assistance and taking notes as you do so that you can ask specific questions if the (very) confusing (at first) guide only engenders more questions. LOL, reading it aloud does help it make better sense during the stressful first 20 or so reads :D

You can also read this thread (also

s l o w l y and c a r e f u l l y

and maybe aloud a few times) in which Joppa explains the letters issue very well:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/britain-expat-forum-expats-living-uk/95753-letter-introduction.html

Take a deep breath, and remember to read out loud. This application process has got to rank right up there with having the first child on the stress-o-meter, but you'll get through it:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol thanks and I have been I just think im taking in so much at once lol I let you know how I get on lol and if I need anything else iw ill ask lol thank you again. :)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You'll get through it, but it sure can be stressful-be sure to take time for yourself on anything else but the process-go to the park, the beach, out with friends, whatever takes your mind off it all for a hour or three.

Lol, hard advice to take, I should know, I was a walking ball of stress from start to about a week after I got back to my husband in Scotland!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my!!! Lol I think once the visa comes through I will be fine. Im so ready for it to be done with lol thanks again for your help lol and I havr tried doing something to get away from the visa though and it just doesnt work lol. Sleep dies but then again I had a dream about being interviewed and I didnt look like my pictures ( my hair was dofferent or something) and they were like your lying lol and I didnt get my visa lol so because of that im avoiding the hair salon till after my visa is all done lol

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Oh my!!! Lol I think once the visa comes through I will be fine. Im so ready for it to be done with lol thanks again for your help lol and I havr tried doing something to get away from the visa though and it just doesnt work lol. Sleep dies but then again I had a dream about being interviewed and I didnt look like my pictures ( my hair was dofferent or something) and they were like your lying lol and I didnt get my visa lol so because of that im avoiding the hair salon till after my visa is all done lol
I think this whole spouse/partner/fiancee visa process gives us all a serious case of nightmares. I had a recurring nightmare that after I'd thought I was ok-passed through the checkpoint, all my papers in order, welcome to the UK, here's your luggage-several burly UKBA officers dragged me from the car and put me on a plane back to the States saying they'd changed their minds.

Which is silly really because my husband and I both are retired, have resources to provide for ourselves without needing any public funds, etc, are in great condition for our ages, and have never had anything more than a speeding ticket in our long-ago youth. We're boring, lol, I feel sorry for the Entry Clearance Officer who had to read our application.

But I still had that nightmare until about a week after I got back to the UK.

I'm a little stressed about the ILR process, especially with the proposed changes to the approval criteria-again, for no reason except, dang, this is the most important thing I've been through since my children settled into their adult lives!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugh the IRL I forgot all about that lol. Im gonna try to till that get closer lol otherwise ill be stressed out for two years lol.

So quick one. The application ask do you have any dependant children? I have a daughter but she is no longer my dependant. Do I still have to answer yes?? She lives with her father and she wont be coming to the UK with me. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Ugh the IRL I forgot all about that lol. Im gonna try to till that get closer lol otherwise ill be stressed out for two years lol.

So quick one. The application ask do you have any dependant children? I have a daughter but she is no longer my dependant. Do I still have to answer yes?? She lives with her father and she wont be coming to the UK with me. Any suggestions??
If they aren't dependent on you (i.e. you have parental right and are paying maintenance etc) and aren't travelling to UK, no, you don't have to. If you are paying maintenance etc, mention them but make it clear they are staying put.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.