Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Am currently piecing together our new application for a spouse visa and am really appreciating all the help we're receiving here!

Right now I'm looking at the employment section and am trying to work out what letters I'll need from my employer.

A brief summary, I started out at the beginning of this year on a salary below the required amount and then in about July received a rise so that I am now meeting the requirement. Upon receiving my payslip in December that will be 6 months of meeting the required salary. Also my payslips and P60 are not on company headed paper.

Now what documents am I likely to need from my employer?

• My contract from when I started my job?
  • The letter explaining my pay rise
  • A letter dated in December confirming my current employment status and salary?
  • The 6 months pay slips and a letter confirming my salary over the period required?
  • A letter to confirm that my P60 is genuine and to confirm the amounts?

Is that about right or have I missed something?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Hi all!

Am currently piecing together our new application for a spouse visa and am really appreciating all the help we're receiving here!

Right now I'm looking at the employment section and am trying to work out what letters I'll need from my employer.

A brief summary, I started out at the beginning of this year on a salary below the required amount and then in about July received a rise so that I am now meeting the requirement. Upon receiving my payslip in December that will be 6 months of meeting the required salary. Also my payslips and P60 are not on company headed paper.

Now what documents am I likely to need from my employer?

• My contract from when I started my job?

• Yes.
    [*]The letter explaining my pay rise
    [*]A letter dated in December confirming my current employment status and salary?
    This can all be in one letter.

[
    *]The 6 months pay slips and a letter confirming my salary over the period required?
    Are your pay slips from some kind of payroll service? If they are just copies that you printed from an on line account or something similar then you will need documentation from someone like an officer or company accountant to verify that they are original.

[*]A letter to confirm that my P60 is genuine and to confirm the amounts?
Yes.

Is that about right or have I missed something?
Seems fine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe our payslips are printed off using the payroll software that the company uses. Unfortunately these are not on any form of headed paper etc. So I figured the only way was to get my employer to write a letter to verify them?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In addition, my P60 looks even worse, its printed on standard printer paper with only the figures on there and not even the headings etc!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, both P60 and pay slips will need to be verified either with some sort of official stamp or a letter on letterhead signed by a company officer.
When you say company officer do you mean someone within the company I work at? In which case will my managing director do?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fantastic, so that should do for letters from my employer right? I'm trying to get this sorted in one go so I don't have to keep troubling them!

Also would there be any issues with dates etc? I'm thinking of getting this all sorted just after my 6th payslip under the required salary anyway but does the 28 day rule apply to these sorts of letters at all??

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, only for payslips and bank statement. Other documents just need to be up to date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.