Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning

We now own our villa in Kissonerga :))) but on returning to UK realised there is not letterbox or delivery. Told I need a PO box does anyone know how and where I go in this area for this. Can I do it on-line in UK or I be back in Cyprus in few days. Seems to be hard work to get a bill and pay people in Cyprus I've found. Thank you anyone who can help.Used to doing everything on-line in UK but not sure it works that way in Cyprus too much.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Morning

We now own our villa in Kissonerga :))) but on returning to UK realised there is not letterbox or delivery. Told I need a PO box does anyone know how and where I go in this area for this. Can I do it on-line in UK or I be back in Cyprus in few days. Seems to be hard work to get a bill and pay people in Cyprus I've found. Thank you anyone who can help.Used to doing everything on-line in UK but not sure it works that way in Cyprus too much.
Check with your Muktar's office to see if there is a PO Box available to you. If not there are commercial PO box vendors you will need to use.

Most of the online activities readily available in the UK cannot be done here. Online transactions are in their infancy but improving all the time. Cyprus is still many years behind in the area of using emails and online activities.

Pete

·
Banned
403 Posts
The general post office near to the Hospital has P.O. Boxes. available (at least they did last month) You have to attend and pay and collect the keys. It is a simple and easy procedure.

·
Banned
331 Posts
From my experience two years ago at the Main Post Office in Paphos, I had to go there and complete an application form and show ID. The official also asked for a utility bill showing my residential address. I set up a 3-year contract and was given 3 keys to the box straight away which I used to check the box before I left.

I receive bills from Cyta (telephone and internet) and AIK (electricity) by email as a PDF attachment and my bank does not send any statements so that has reduced the amount of post I receive overall and all payments are paid by direct debit. The local Municipality still sends out bills (water and rates) using the postal service but these are included in the monthly rent.

I have a communal letter box and do not have any post delivered and it is used more often as a depository for the free supermarket brochures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone. I will hopefully sort it out next week. I am desperately trying the pay people money and it's a first that know one seems to want me to. Think I'm having a blonde moment but how will these people know I've got a PO box ? I suppose I will have to notify them. I found a private company in Kissonegra who deal with post, Not post office would they do the job as same as mail Post office ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi bluewings

We too have a mailbox through a private company. Just like a normal postbox at home, all our mail and small parcels are delivered there. If you have a large parcel or signed for package then a slip is left and you have to go to the main post office to collect (although this was the same procedure for large parcels and signed for when we lived in a house that the post was directly delivered to).

The company simply text me when I have mail and we collect. Have had it now for about a year and works really well.

:)

·
Registered
976 Posts
We rent a PO Box from the Post Office here in Polis where we live. It costs around €50 for the year, and it works well for us. When we started to rent it last November, the Post Office put a free redirection service on it, so that any mailed addressed to our home will be put in the PO Box instead. The former renter of our PO Box was Apha Bank and we still get some mail addressed to them in our box! Maybe they couldn't afford a redirection service!

·
Banned
331 Posts
Whilst we were travelling round Europe we used a mailbox company in Kissonerga (possibly the same one bluewings) and we were very happy with their overall setup. Particularly useful was their service of forwarding mail (for a small fee) as we were never in one place for a long time, so they got used to us sending an email, asking them what post we had received - quite easy to tell from the envelopes - and then forwarding the selected items. Then when we called in at the office at a later date they would give us the rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts