Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Dear Entry Clearance Officer:

My name is XXX and I currently live in XXX, West Virginia. You will find enclosed my visa application and all relative supporting documentation so that I may join my husband, XXX, at his parents’ home in XXX.

On June 26, 2015, XXX and I got married. We had a small courthouse wedding ceremony in XXX, West Virginia. In attendance were my close family and friends. Currently my husband is living and working in the UK. I am writing this letter to express our desire, and need to be together and how we hope to spend the rest of our lives together in the United Kingdom.

I first began talking to my husband in January 2014. We met online one evening and talked for hours. At that point we decided to keep in contact with one another as we had so much in common. We began to Skype call/video chat with each other every day and realized that we started to develop something more than just a long distance friendship. After months of talking every day, we started making plans for our first visit with each other.

On September 27, 2014, XXX flew to the United States to meet with me in person and we had made arrangements for him to stay with me in XXX at my place of residence. He visited for 2 weeks and during that time, we began our relationship. I introduced him to my family. We spent a weekend at my parents’ house in XXX, W.V., where he met my Dad, Stepmother, brother, sister-in-law and nephew. During his visit, we started to discuss our future together and began planning out our next trip. Once XXX went back to the UK, we continued to talk and Skype with each other every day.

On February 27, 2015, I went to the UK to visit with him for 2 weeks. He introduced me to his parents and sister. During my trip, I was welcomed into his family home and got to spend time getting to know them well. XXX took me to several places a typical American tourist would love to visit and also many places in smaller towns to give me a good idea of all that England had to offer. I immediately fell in love with the country. While in the UK, we started doing research into the different options we had in order to be together permanently.

We knew that we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives, so when I returned back home from the UK, we started making our plans to be married. We planned for XXX to come back to West Virginia for another 2 weeks in June 2015. We were married on the 26th and spent the weekend at my parents’ home with my immediate family and friends to celebrate.

We are looking forward to the future we will have together. Our intention is to live at his parents’ home until I am settled in the UK, in which they have given us written permission to do so for as long as we need. Once I am settled, we will be looking to move into our first home together and begin starting our own family.

Additionally, once we obtain our spouse visa, I plan on finding work in the UK as soon as I get settled into my new home. I look forward to learning more about British culture and integrating fully to UK society.

We look forward to continuing our lives together in the United Kingdom.

Yours Faithfully,

XXX"

I would appreciate any input on my letter of introduction. I wasn't sure if I should include more information about the relationship or not. I tried to keep it as straightforward as possible because I know the ECO doesn't want some sappy love story. Thanks!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I was worried I didn't write enough about the relationship, summing up our entire ordeal in a page just makes it seem like nothing. But I figured I would keep it simple because I know they don't want some long, drawn out letter.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad I could help then! Good luck to you as well. This is certainly not the easiest thing, but is well worth it in the end :)

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts

My name is XXX and I currently live in XXX, West Virginia. You will find enclosed my visa application and all relative supporting documentation so that I may join my husband, XXX, at his parents’ home in XXX.

On June 26, 2015, XXX and I got married. We had a small courthouse wedding ceremony in XXX, West Virginia. In attendance were my close family and friends. Currently my husband is living and working in the UK. I am writing this letter to express our desire, and need to be together and how we hope to spend the rest of our lives together in the United Kingdom.

I first began talking to my husband in January 2014. We met online one evening and talked for hours. At that point we decided to keep in contact with one another as we had so much in common. We began to Skype call/video chat with each other every day and realized that we started to develop something more than just a long distance friendship. After months of talking every day, we started making plans for our first visit with each other.

On September 27, 2014, XXX flew to the United States to meet with me in person and we had made arrangements for him to stay with me in XXX at my place of residence. He visited for 2 weeks and during that time, we began our relationship. I introduced him to my family. We spent a weekend at my parents’ house in XXX, W.V., where he met my Dad, Stepmother, brother, sister-in-law and nephew. During his visit, we started to discuss our future together and began planning out our next trip. Once XXX went back to the UK, we continued to talk and Skype with each other every day.

On February 27, 2015, I went to the UK to visit with him for 2 weeks. He introduced me to his parents and sister. During my trip, I was welcomed into his family home and got to spend time getting to know them well. XXX took me to several places a typical American tourist would love to visit and also many places in smaller towns to give me a good idea of all that England had to offer. I immediately fell in love with the country. While in the UK, we started doing research into the different options we had in order to be together permanently.

We knew that we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives, so when I returned back home from the UK, we started making our plans to be married. We planned for XXX to come back to West Virginia for another 2 weeks in June 2015. We were married on the 26th and spent the weekend at my parents’ home with my immediate family and friends to celebrate.

We are looking forward to the future we will have together. Our intention is to live at his parents’ home until I am settled in the UK, in which they have given us written permission to do so for as long as we need. Once I am settled, we will be looking to move into our first home together and begin starting our own family.

Additionally, once we obtain our spouse visa, I plan on finding work in the UK as soon as I get settled into my new home. I look forward to learning more about British culture and integrating fully to UK society.

We look forward to continuing our lives together in the United Kingdom.

Yours Faithfully,

XXX"

I would appreciate any input on my letter of introduction. I wasn't sure if I should include more information about the relationship or not. I tried to keep it as straightforward as possible because I know the ECO doesn't want some sappy love story. Thanks!!
A little too emotional and some unnecessary info. I highlighted a few sections. You mention that you have things in common. What?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have taken out most of the highlighted areas, changed around some of the wording and added in some of our common interests. This is hard to not use anything emotional when describing your relationship. But I think that I have edited it enough so that it isn't emotional. It's weird to sum up your whole relationship with someone in 3 visits...makes it seem like nothing.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, here is the updated letter. Please let me know what you think!

This is the letter of introduction for my application for spouse settlement visa. My name is XXX and I currently live in XXX, West Virginia. You will find enclosed my visa application and all relative supporting documentation so that I may join my husband, XXX, at his parents’ home in XXX, Hampshire.

On June 26, 2015, XXX and I got married. We had a small courthouse wedding ceremony in XXX, West Virginia. In attendance were my close family and friends. Currently my husband is living and working in the UK

I first began talking to my husband in January 2014. We met online one evening and talked for hours. At that point we decided to keep in contact with one another as we had so much in common, like travel, music, movies, etc. We began to Skype call/video chat with each other every day and realized that we started to develop something more than just a long distance friendship. After months of talking every day, we started making plans for our first visit with each other.

When I returned back home from the UK, we started making our plans to be married. We planned for XXX to come back to West Virginia for another 2 weeks in June 2015. We were married on the 26th and spent the weekend at my parents’ home with my immediate family and friends to celebrate.

After much deliberation, we decided that we both want to live permanently in the UK. After visiting the country and exploring many different places there, I knew that was where I wanted to be. Both my family and his, completely supports our decision to start our lives together in England. We feel that it is more beneficial to the both of us and our future family to reside in the UK. Once I am settled, we will be looking to move into our first home together.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours Faithfully,

XXX"

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Omit 'Thank you for your time and consideration'.
Yours sincerely instead of Yours faithfully (as you began 'Dear ECO').
Otherwise, good.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Joppa. Will take that bit out. That will be my final draft then. Glad that's done with :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.