Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All -

I was checking to see if something like this would be suitable for my husband's letter of employment. He was recently promoted, so I wasn't sure if that should be written in this letter or not? His contract that he just received on August 3rd states his new rate of pay and that he was promoted. Any suggestions are appreciated!!

"Entry Clearance Officer,

I am writing to confirm that Mr. XXXXX is a full time employee working out of our office in XXXXX. He is a Tier 2 Tester and he commenced employment on XXXXX 2014, and is on a permanent contract. Mr. XXXXX works 40 hours per week and his gross annual salary is £19,750 since he was promoted on XXXXX.

From September 1, 2014 to August 22, 2015, XXXXX has earned a gross annual salary of £18,706.58.

Should you require any further information regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me on the above telephone number.

XXXXX XXXXXXX

HR Manager"

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since I posted the above letter, I have thought about it a little more and would like to see if this is better since the last 12 months is based on his previous salary amount and I think it should be mentioned:

"Dear Entry Clearance Officer:

I am writing to confirm that Mr. XXXXX is a full time employee at XXXXX working out of our office in XXXXX. He is a Tier 2 Tester and he commenced employment on XXXXX 2014 with an annual salary of £18,000, which increased to £18,320 on XX January 2015. Mr. XXXX is on a permanent contract working 40 hours per week and was promoted to Tier 2 Tester on 3rd August 2015 with a new annual salary of £19,750.

From September 1, 2014 to August 22, 2015, XXXXX has received a total gross income (salary and overtime) of £18,706.58.

Should you require any further information regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me on the above telephone number.

XXXXX XXXXXXX

HR Manager"

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone give advice on the employment letter above? Not being impatient but he has to send his information to HR by the morning. We are unsure whether to have HR mention his older pay rates or not.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think you risk over-complicating it.

I'd include the following:

I am writing to confirm that Mr. XXXXX is a full time employee at XXXXX working out of our office in XXXXX. He is employed as a Tier 2 Tester and commenced employment on XXXXX 2014.

From September 1, 2014 to August 22, 2015, XXXXX has received a total gross income (salary and overtime) of £18,706.58.

Following promotion on xx/xxx/2015, his current basic gross annual salary is £19,750.

Someone else can probably give more sound advice, though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what I am trying to avoid, over-complicating. I just was a little nervous about putting his new salary and then the ECO seeing he has made less than that over the last year. What you have written makes sense though. We have to send information off the HR in the morning, so just trying to get a solid idea of what needs to be included as far as his pay is concerned.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone else advise on what would be best? I would greatly appreciate it. It has to be done tomorrow!

·
Registered
39,029 Posts
You are along the right lines. ECO needs to know the payscale applicable during the period you are submitting, including any pay increases. It is to ensure that pay record you are submitting is in full agreement with employer's version.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In which case, maybe keep each increase on a separate line, chronologically, just to have as much clarity as possible.

When do you apply? Did you say the end of Sep? xx

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, this coming week! My husband has already sent info off to HR, so hopefully something along the lines of what was posted shall be enough for the ECO!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good luck!!

You'll be fine :) xx

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you!! We have plenty of paperwork on his pay increases and stuff so I'm hoping that this letter of employment will be fine. I think it will. Probably just worrying over nothing :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have read your posts regarding salary increase. I am kinda worried now because I didn't think it matters to include in the employment letter if the sponsor has had any payrise(s) if he has already met the £18,600 salary requirement in the original contract and has been paid the same amount since.

In June 2015 I got a small rise of £500 and the extra £41.66 per month showed on my latest payslip and bank statement (July 2015) that we submitted. Surely this won't put any doubts whether or not the sponsor has been telling the truth? All payslip, bank statements and P60 were original.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think our situation differs a bit from yours. My husband was NOT earning above the requirement prior to his recent promotion. However, he was able to work overtime which had put him over the requirement. We just wanted to point out the income he was making over the last 12 months so they understood why he earned below his current rate of pay, if that makes sense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.