Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question, im applying for spouse visa, and ive received a letter of employment from my company's accountant, confirming PAYE and everything. But does it have to be written by the boss or the accountant is fine?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have a quick question, im applying for spouse visa, and ive received a letter of employment from my company's accountant, confirming PAYE and everything. But does it have to be written by the boss or the accountant is fine?
We need to know more about your situation - where are you located and exactly which visa you are applying for. Normally, for a spouse settlement visa, the applicant doesn't supply any employment or financial info - only the UK citizen sponsor must do this. However, different circumstances (citizenship, location etc) require various documentation.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We need to know more about your situation - where are you located and exactly which visa you are applying for. Normally, for a spouse settlement visa, the applicant doesn't supply any employment or financial info - only the UK citizen sponsor must do this. However, different circumstances (citizenship, location etc) require various documentation.
Ok im a british citizen living in London, im the wife and im going to apply for spouse visa for my husband. Hence why i need a letter of employment, but my company's accountants have provided me with it, so its on the accountants company headed paper , if you want i can show you the letter.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. Just put it on forum with personal details crossed out.
To Whom It May Concern

Riya ****
NIN: *******

Re: Fast & Easy Claim > full address of employer

This is to confirm that we are currently the Accountants and acting PAYE agents of the above mentioned business.

Based on inspection of their PAYE records, we can confirm that Riya ****** is an employee of So and so Ltd since 1st May 2013.

She is permanently employed with this firm on full time basis. She is currently working 40 hours per week at an hourly rate of £9.62 earning a salary of £384.62 per week and a gross salary of £1,667.67 per calendar month.

Would you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Faithfully,

CAPITAL ACCOUNTANTS

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Fine. It helps if they can specify how long (since when) you have been on that pay scale.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for replying and joppa, shes already sent out the letter so no changes can be made :( and the date is yesterdays too, ill be applying in december like 15-20th. Will it cause an issue if the letter are dated october?

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
Thank you all for replying and joppa, shes already sent out the letter so no changes can be made :( and the date is yesterdays too, ill be applying in december like 15-20th. Will it cause an issue if the letter are dated october?
The date on the letter is fine as it's only bank statements and pay slips which must be no more than 28 days old at the time of application but if you won't be applying til December, you have plenty of time to get another letter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.