Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A forum member was recently refused and 1 of the reasons was that the letter of employment was more than 28 days old. Best to have it updated..

A certified copy is fine..

You haven't lived together you've only visited each other. Answer no.

Fine

Fine

Only the most recent P60 is necessary. Include your contract if you have it..

The letter from your friend needs to give you and wife permission to live there. You should really have a property inspection if you are sharing accommodation.

15 photos at most including the wedding. 1-2 log pages only of email and skype logs for every 6 months or so.

My contract letter shows that it was written in December 2013.I have worked with the same department and will be applying for spouse visa soon. The letter to has all my details such as salary hours responsibility etc
I am still with the same hospital trust. Do I have to contact human resources just to write another one confirming I still work there.? My payslips will show it's the same hospital

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
A letter of employment is a required document and must include:

b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Have read FM 1.7 and FM-SE?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...06_immigration_rules_appendix_fm_se_final.pdf

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A letter of employment is a required document and must include:

b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and

Have read FM 1.7 and FM-SE?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...06_immigration_rules_appendix_fm_se_final.pdf
Thanks nyclon
My contract letter has all the information you posted but this was when I started the job roughly January last year. I was just questioning whether this would be fine.?
So the contract letter starts with it being addressed to from the human resources department of which the hospital they represent. It basically says that following the interview I have secured a permanent job stating hours worked salary and that I am paid monthly.
My only issue is that the date on the letter is December 2013 when I got the job.
So will this be sufficient?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a bit confusing. I have genuine bank statements and payslips that I have just organised. The bank statements are mailed to me by post and my payslips are handed to me by my manager. I have to get each of these authenticated before I send them. They are original... Surely this would suffice no?

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Did you read this?

How can a contract from 2013 say how long you have been employed or the period over which you have been paid the level of salary you are relying upon in the application? It can't.

The letter of employment is a required document. It should be no more than 28 days old at the time of on line application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.