Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am on a temporary contract at my current employer (been there for 2 years with no fixed term ending, it just rolls on).

I asked my agency for a letter confirming my employment and received this in the post today:

Thank you for your recent request.
I can confirm that you have been employed by (Agency name) since 21st October 2011 to carry out a series of fixed term contracts and due to the nature of the work I am unable to confirm the exact length of the contract outstanding.
You are paid on a weekly basis and only for the hours actually worked. I can confirm that you are on a contracted out rate of £11.26 per hour and that this value increases the Focused pay rate of national minimum wage plus holiday and a guaranteed bonus.
Subsequently, your average NET pay paid each week is a total of £330.34 after additional guaranteed expenses are reimbursed as part of your payment and in line with your contract of employment.

If you have any queries regarding this matter please do not hesitate to contact me at the address indicated.

Does this sound ok? I dont really like the part about the "i am unable to confirm the exact length of the contract" bit, but the rest i thought was ok.

·
Registered
533 Posts
What do you need your employment letter for? Visa, ILR? And are you a sponsor or applicant?

I also work thru an agency long term and this is exactly what they would write for me.

It may all depend on what you need your letter for is why I asked

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi all!

I am on a temporary contract at my current employer (been there for 2 years with no fixed term ending, it just rolls on).

I asked my agency for a letter confirming my employment and received this in the post today:

Thank you for your recent request.
I can confirm that you have been employed by (Agency name) since 21st October 2011 to carry out a series of fixed term contracts and due to the nature of the work I am unable to confirm the exact length of the contract outstanding.
You are paid on a weekly basis and only for the hours actually worked. I can confirm that you are on a contracted out rate of £11.26 per hour and that this value increases the Focused pay rate of national minimum wage plus holiday and a guaranteed bonus.
Subsequently, your average NET pay paid each week is a total of £330.34 after additional guaranteed expenses are reimbursed as part of your payment and in line with your contract of employment.

If you have any queries regarding this matter please do not hesitate to contact me at the address indicated.

Does this sound ok? I dont really like the part about the "i am unable to confirm the exact length of the contract" bit, but the rest i thought was ok.

Hello,

The letter seems to be addressed to you, i think it should be addressed to the ECO or to "whom it may concern". I am not sure if that is ok.
After my husbands requested for an employment letter, my husband's recruitment agency that employs him told him that they never did letters like that, so they asked my husband to write the letter and give it to the agency on a USB stick so they printed it and signed it.

He went ahead and did it, making sure it was printed out on a letter-headed papers containing the following:

- A letter from the employer confirming:
a) The person's employment and gross annual salary
b) the length of their employment
c) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application and
d) the type of employment (permanent,fixed-term contract or agency)

Make sure it contains that and you will be fine.

Good luck!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hello,

The letter seems to be addressed to you, i think it should be addressed to the ECO or to "whom it may concern". I am not sure if that is ok.
After my husbands requested for an employment letter, my husband's recruitment agency that employs him told him that they never did letters like that, so they asked my husband to write the letter and give it to the agency on a USB stick so they printed it and signed it.

He went ahead and did it, making sure it was printed out on a letter-headed papers containing the following:

- A letter from the employer confirming:
a) The person's employment and gross annual salary
b) the length of their employment
c) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application and
d) the type of employment (permanent,fixed-term contract or agency)

Make sure it contains that and you will be fine.

Good luck!
Yes I had to do the same thing with my agency. I wrote it and my consultant signed and printed it. Otherwise I'd still be waiting....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh ok sounds good!

Im the sponsor for my wifes settlement visa application.

Ill write one and send it to them to send back. They actually photocopied it and sent me the photocopy which was a bit annoying!

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi!

Ok so have amended the letter and will send it off to them to get it signed, does this look ok?

I can confirm that (name) has been employed by Focused Consulting since 21st October 2011 as an agency employee on a rolling contract with Procter & Gamble. Due to the nature of the work the assignment is on-going with no fixed end date.

(name) is paid on a weekly basis and only for the hours actually worked. He works 40 hours per week, and I can confirm that (name) is on a contracted out rate of £11.26 per hour. This hourly rate includes the Focused pay rate of national minimum wage plus holiday and a guaranteed bonus.

Subsequently, (name) average GROSS pay paid each week is £398.05 and this average is calculated on the basis of (name) last 6 months pay. Hit total GROSS pay over the last 26 week period is £10,349.51, and over the last 52 weeks his GROSS total pay was £19,469.58.

If you have any queries regarding this matter please no don’t hesitate to contact me at the address indicated below.

Yours sincerely,

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yes looks good to me! Covers everything the letter needs to state and makes it clear you are unsalaried also.

I know the frustration of getting them to do it properly. I think it took 4 times for them to just print out sign it correctly!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I can't comment on whether the letter is sufficient (others more competent than I will surely respond), but I notice you have two small typos.

1. In the third paragraph, the last sentence should begin, "His GROSS pay..."" rather than "Hit GROSS pay..."

2. In the very last sentence delete the word "no" so that it reads, "please don’t hesitate" rather than "please no don't hesitate".

Good luck to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.