Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know no one will remember me since I am but one person in a sea of thousands, but at one point I was looking for a VISA to try and come to the UK to be with my Fiancee (now, yes, we are engaged)....A couple of people said it might be easier if my Fiancee and her kids moved to the US, and after exhausting the VISA route and being unable to find an immigration route to the UK, we decided to do just that.

It was a couple of days after she left from visiting me here on Long Island that she decided to fight for the kids to move to the US. One Father immediately said "OK" - The other will end up being decided in court...We are hoping to win. We have met a total of three times in the last 10 months...A Dream Come True.

My question is as follows. For the Father that HAS consented to this move, we need to have him sign a letter of consent. I looked on this website, and maybe it is my browser, or my inability to properly navigate, but I could not really find what I was looking for. When Googling it, I come up with letters of consent, but those seem to be only related to TEMPORARY travel.

Does anyone have any idea on where I could get an example of a letter of consent that involves a permanent relocation of the child?

Again, to all who advised me back last year, I appreciate it. I have been to the UK Twice...Got to see Wales this past trip also...Amazing....

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have to imagine that there isn't a simple form to fill out, but rather that this is something to be drafted by a solicitor for your specific circumstance. Otherwise it's unlikely it would have any legal bearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.