Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to verify that xxx is currently employed with xxxx. He currently holds the position of an agency support worker. He has been in employment with us from 28/09/2016 until the present date. The type of employment he holds is agency and he is under a non-salaried employment as he is paid on a weekly basis in accordance to work undertaken based on weekly rota.
The salary before tax and pension deductions for a period of six month starting from 16 Dec 2016 until 9 June 2017 is £10,164.68.
The Gross annual salary is £ 20329.36. This calculation is made in accordance with the formula provided by the guidance under Appendix FM 1.7: Financial Requirement,
“Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement”.
Therefore, £ 10,164.68(total of income before tax and deductions for a 26 weeks) ÷ 6 x 12 =
£ 20329.36

is this letter any good?

·
Registered
924 Posts
It looks good. Add since when he has been on this particular salary.

And I'd also add at the end- if you have any queries in relation to the above, please do not hesitate to contact on -----.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
The first part is good but I don't think that your employer should be providing the calculations toward the financial requirement. The letter just needs to state the employment terms, start date, and gross annual salary (and how long the employee has been paid at that amount, if there have been any changes in pay rate).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for all the suggestion and advise, really appreciate it.

i have asked the HR department, but they said since it is an agency contract with zero hour contract. if you dont work you dont get paid. therefore they will not be able to calculate the gross salary income accurately. therefore i have given them a look at the guidelines of fm 1.7.

the work undertaken varies from week to week with different hourly rate as well.

pls advise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.