Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just like the Britt TV show grumpy old men/ grumpy old women or what ever it was called ...

I was just reading a thread here where some one wrote comments to the effect that they daren't drive here and if they did they would buy a sign and hang it on the car that says "babby on board"

What is that about ?... Am I, going to read, take in the sign and assimilate it then take extra evassive action, all in the middle of an emergency situation to avoid hitting your car ??? Hmm well am I ... ?? Probably find the person driving that vehicle was the origin of the situation in any case!

I have been toying for many years now with getting some signs made that say "no baby on board" to see if I would get targeted or tagged any differently by we unattentive drivers....

Thinking of a bulk order ... anyone interested ??

As they say in Oz ... "come in spinner"

·
Banned
598 Posts
Driving in Houston Texas (where I am from) is far worse than the driving here. And to top it off 25% of the drivers have guns with them while they drive.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Driving in Houston Texas (where I am from) is far worse than the driving here. And to top it off 25% of the drivers have guns with them while they drive.
I was in Dallas previously "just up the road" from your home town (well almost) where just about everyone drives a pick up ....

And yes, Texas with the "Licence to carry" is absolutely great too.

Loved the place ... nicest people I have ever met anywhere....

They drive big trucks, can carry guns and have great food .... Mexican, Ribs, biggest beers ever, pretty ladies .... just all round lovelly folks couldn't help me enough...

I'd be back there in a shot (pardon the pun) if there was work and I could get a green card :clap2: :eyebrows: :tongue1: :love:

·
Banned
598 Posts
Yeah everything is BIGGER in Texas.
Southern hospitality is great I agree.
If you are in oilfield services of some sort there are jobs to be had.
Ok sorry I jacked your thread.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not at all ....

Unfortunately I am not in oil but am in Aviation .... enjoyed the conversation with as it turns out "one of the good old boys" :D

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.