Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within which time frame to we have to enter the Australian territory ?

I cannot find this info on the immigration website.:tongue1:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Within which time frame to we have to enter the Australian territory ?

I cannot find this info on the immigration website.:tongue1:

Thanks

It's different for everyone - usually depends within the following year of the first date of either your medicals or police checks. You will know by when you have to enter when you receive your grant.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Do you just need to land, get your paperwork stamped and can leave again? I presume you need to stay X years within the last 5 years to maintain your PR status?

I will hopefully lodge a 175 over the weekend, and may face a similar situation when it eventually gets granted.

thanks

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Jimjams to get your passport stamped you have to pass the immigration, once done you can catch the next flight and go back.

as for maintaining your PR status if you come a week before your 5 year visa expires, you can stil stay indefinitely but to go out of Australia you might need resident return visa (RRV) how it works, search the forum and there is heaps discussed about it in teh past :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks, it's all a long way away at the moment, but thanks that makes perfect sense. I'll have a search through the forum to find out a little more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.