Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sun is shining, the mountains are crisp and beautiful in the clear winter light, the lesser kestrels are squawking overhead as they find their old partners for a new round of nest-building, I've just bought my first bag of cherries for the year and I've just sold a painting. Life is good!

Tell us about the good things that are going on in your life.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm finally going to begin my implant surgery on Monday. Does that count? :)

And Alcalaina, congrats on selling the painting. :clap2:
I used to paint and sell my paintings around the local bars here (was one of my first 'unofficial' jobs).
Perhaps I'll start painting again. I did enjoy it.

G

·
Just finished chopping and dicing for a huge dinner for family and friends. Our first time doing this in Spain. I did all this sitting on the patio with a nice red wine...and my most wonderful OH saying how much she likes my cooking. Please remind me to bring my chopping knife next time.

Enjoying the beautiful sunny day, fresh air, no noise other than the gulls...and of course our music...

my wife is utterly pleased to be here...

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

And Alcalaina, congrats on selling the painting. :clap2:
I used to paint and sell my paintings around the local bars here (was one of my first 'unofficial' jobs).
Perhaps I'll start painting again. I did enjoy it.
Thank you. Here it is - mi pueblo. I never painted much before I retired but now I have all the time in the world and space to make lots of mess. One of the reasons I appear to be on the forum all day is because I swivel round to the computer while the paint is drying!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Thank you. Here it is - mi pueblo. I never painted much before I retired but now I have all the time in the world and space to make lots of mess. One of the reasons I appear to be on the forum all day is because I swivel round to the computer while the paint is drying!

I really like that!
Do you paint in Oils or Acrylics?
I used to paint with Acrylics because the paintings dry quicker and you still that that lovely thick texture you get with Oil, but can mess about with it at less expense. :)
(I'm a messy painter and love it! :))

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like that!
Do you paint in Oils or Acrylics?
I used to paint with Acrylics because the paintings dry quicker and you still that that lovely thick texture you get with Oil, but can mess about with it at less expense. :)
(I'm a messy painter and love it! :))
Acrylics - oils are too slow and too expensive. The Chinese bazaar sells a wide range of canvases on those deep wooden stretchers so you can paint right round the edges and don't need to make a frame.

Is any of your work viewable online?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Acrylics - oils are too slow and too expensive. The Chinese bazaar sells a wide range of canvases on those deep wooden stretchers so you can paint right round the edges and don't need to make a frame.

Is any of your work viewable online?
It was, but on an old MSN group which no longer exists.
If the internet allows me, later on I'll try to upload some to one of my websites and post them here (photobucket and the like will not open for me right now).
But it may take some time. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just finished chopping and dicing for a huge dinner for family and friends. Our first time doing this in Spain. I did all this sitting on the patio with a nice red wine...and my most wonderful OH saying how much she likes my cooking. Please remind me to bring my chopping knife next time.

Enjoying the beautiful sunny day, fresh air, no noise other than the gulls...and of course our music...

my wife is utterly pleased to be here...
I envy you your time in Denia - it's a place I never tire of.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
I would have bought that painting, Alca. It is beautiful. How big is it?
I seem to remember you once had a kind of 'on-line gallery'...is it still around as I would like to see it again.

Some good things:

I have written a page of 'The Pain in Spain'
OH and I had an enjoyable walk on the beach with Azor
The anti-histamine pills Dr. Vicioso gave me have stopped me sneezing up to twenty times consecutively -always in bed at night and extremely annoying for OH
I've got a new John Gray tome to read -'Enlightenment's Wake' (Alca will understand that reference).
We have fewer than 170 dogs in our ADANA shelter, lowest number for two years, and over forty have been adopted since January 1st.

·
Registered
238 Posts
How can you not be positive about living here, we're closing in on our first year completed and we all love it, kids are doing excellent in school and are picking up the language very well. We all love the house we're in, have a fantastic landlady who helps out a lot and loves the kids.
Today was a beautiful day and the kids were happy playing outside on their new bikes and we had our first ever February BBQ, it even touched 30C on the mercury :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Our financial advisor tells us we are ON TRACK to retire in 8 years!!! Things are looking up finally for us financially speaking, finally making some money in our investments.

I got the biggest bonus of my life yesterday AND a raise so I can't really complain. (am leaving out the negative job news I got this week since this is a positive thread)

due to some generous people in our lives, we are able to do a little traveling this year. First up is a trip to Reno to celebrate our 21st anniversary. Five weeks from yesterday, but who's counting? :D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Famous last words....
I am still waiting for the implant surgery, as my dentist has changed his mind again about how exactly to go about this. :(
(Oh yes, and for anyone wondering if implant surgery meant I was getting a boob job, sorry to disappoint. It's for my teeth :)).

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Famous last words....
I am still waiting for the implant surgery, as my dentist has changed his mind again about how exactly to go about this. :(
(Oh yes, and for anyone wondering if implant surgery meant I was getting a boob job, sorry to disappoint. It's for my teeth :)).
Oh well, better safe than sorry - must be very frustrating though.

The woman who wanted to buy my painting has now decided it's too small for the space she wanted to put it in. Though I'm not too disappointed because it looks great in our sitting room ... and I never set out to be an interior designer or to make money from art. I just paint for pleasure!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

The woman who wanted to buy my painting has now decided it's too small for the space she wanted to put it in. Though I'm not too disappointed because it looks great in our sitting room ... and I never set out to be an interior designer or to make money from art. I just paint for pleasure!
I must say that if I had painted that scene, I would have been sorry to part with it.
And you obviously have talent, so one day soon you will sell a painting (and then you will get double the pleasure :)).

·
Registered
331 Posts

I am so sorry. I got caught up in my own positive news that I neglected to comment on others' news. please forgive me. :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.