Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I do have lisping problem and thus my speech is little unclear. I normally manage to converse and few people do notice this issue.

To apply for Australia PR I appeared in PTE and got following score

Listening 70
Reading 71
Speaking 54
Writing 75

As you see, I have scored less marks in speaking section and this has got me worried, I may have worked hard to score more in other sections, but 'Speaking' may not be improved.

Is there any way that this score can be considered acceptable?

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
to be eligible for invitation you need to have PTE 50+ in all modules, however 50+ gives you zero points for english skills
65+ gives 10 points for english skills
79+ gives 20 points

if in EOI you can make 60 or more points then you can expect an invitation to apply visa.

by the way what is your occupation code ?
are you done with skill assessment ??
what is your points score ??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi all,

I do have lisping problem and thus my speech is little unclear. I normally manage to converse and few people do notice this issue.

Listening 70
Reading 71
Speaking 54
Writing 75

As you see, I have scored less marks in speaking section and this has got me worried, I may have worked hard to score more in other sections, but 'Speaking' may not be improved.

i guess you should mail to pearson , i really don't know special treatments for the people wid speaking or listening difficulties but there must be something, talk to them and ask them, may be with medical certificate or assessment its possible.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dear Amit,
I suggest you to sit on IELTS examination instead of PTE. Be sure to inform test center about your problem. More details here.

Regards,
Sudeep

Hi all,

Listening 70
Reading 71
Speaking 54
Writing 75

Reactions: philAmit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to be eligible for invitation you need to have PTE 50+ in all modules, however 50+ gives you zero points for english skills
65+ gives 10 points for english skills
79+ gives 20 points

if in EOI you can make 60 or more points then you can expect an invitation to apply visa.

by the way what is your occupation code ?
are you done with skill assessment ??
what is your points score ??
Below are occupation codes I fit for

261312 - Developer Programmer
261313 - Software Engineer
261399 - Software and Application Programmer

Haven't done Skill Assessment as I will need 65+ score (all sections) in PTE for sufficient points. I want to apply for visa 189.

My total PTE score is 68.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I would suggest IELTS as well.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Two more thoughts:

My first speaking score was 68, rest all were 87+. I impoved with each attempt and got all 79+ on the fourth. You, too, may be able to get to the next level (65?).

If you try for Canada (Bangalore? IT person?) then they consider the total of all your scores and not the minimum. You may think about that too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two more thoughts:

My first speaking score was 68, rest all were 87+. I impoved with each attempt and got all 79+ on the fourth. You, too, may be able to get to the next level (65?).

If you try for Canada (Bangalore? IT person?) then they consider the total of all your scores and not the minimum. You may think about that too.
Happy to know. Thanks TrinkaSharma

1 - 8 of 8 Posts