Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Abu Dhabi based company employing my friend has foisted a false case on my friend and the judgement is a 4 Months imprisonment. Would like to know whether my friend can apply for a bail and can avoid going to jail. The verdict of the lower court will be contested. Any suggestions to avoid the jail term will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
He can appeal the judgement within 14 days, if he has given evidence, failing that he can request a retrial.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He can appeal the judgement within 14 days, if he has given evidence, failing that he can request a retrial.
Thank you very much for your quick response. Highly appreciated. The judgement has been appealed.The first hearing of the appeal is after two months. So does he have to take a fresh bail or will be current bail be extended till the disposal of the appeal.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Thank you very much for your quick response. Highly appreciated. The judgement has been appealed.The first hearing of the appeal is after two months. So does he have to take a fresh bail or will be current bail be extended till the disposal of the appeal.
His bail will be time limited (1 month for example) or unlimited, he will know this by the document he got - get an Arabic reader to translate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts