Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends, I feel very tired working with my current Employer and I don't think I can stand any longer. So, I plan to tender my resignation this week and serve 2 months' notice while waiting for my visa grant. Optimistically, I hope the visa grant will come in within my 2 months' notice period. The worst case scenario is if the visa grant takes longer than my notice period, I may then take a break and look for other temporary short-term job to pass the time while waiting for visa grant.

Understand that I need to fill in form 1221 on change of circumstance and send it to CO. My questions are:

1) When is the appropriate time to notify CO about change of circumstance? Is it:
a) As soon as I tender my resignation;
b) On last few days of my service with the Employer; or
c) After the break and getting a temporary short-term job offer (if based on worst case scenario)?

2) Will submitting this change of circumstance cause further delay to one's visa grant?

3) Will submitting this change of circumstance affect one's visa application?

Look forward to everyone's reply and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Subscribing

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
1) When is the appropriate time to notify CO about change of circumstance? Is it:
c) After the break and getting a temporary short-term job offer (if based on worst case scenario)?
None of the above. you need to notify after you finish your notice period and walk out with all the formalities done. In the form you need to mention the date

2) Will submitting this change of circumstance cause further delay to one's visa grant?
Nope

Not at all

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi friends, I feel very tired working with my current Employer and I don't think I can stand any longer. So, I plan to tender my resignation this week and serve 2 months' notice while waiting for my visa grant. Optimistically, I hope the visa grant will come in within my 2 months' notice period. The worst case scenario is if the visa grant takes longer than my notice period, I may then take a break and look for other temporary short-term job to pass the time while waiting for visa grant.

Understand that I need to fill in form 1221 on change of circumstance and send it to CO. My questions are:

Look forward to everyone's reply and thank you in advance.
I am just curious does leaving your current job qualifies under Change of Circumstances ?

As far as I understand the visa process, they invite you based on points. So, the day you get invite, your points freeze. You are judged based on everything up to that day. This usually implies if they considered your work exp, they are satisfied with whatever work exp time you did by that day - or in most cases : e.g, you may be working for 4.5 years but you only got points for 3 years and the last 1.5 years is basically worth nothing. You would still have got the invite if you left work after 3 years. So, as far as I can see I see no difference whatsoever leaving the job after 3 years or after the day you got invite or today.

May be there are rules or such I am not aware of and others can tell better.

Edit: Only issue I can think of why you need to let your CO know about leaving the job would be to notify him that you don't work anymore for your current employer if that employer is part of your work exp process, so when they inquire about it, they knows that you are now an ex employee. That could be a valid reason. If the current employer is not part of your work exp claim, then I see no reason to notify as it makes no difference.

In any case, it should not have any issues whatsoever with your grant unless your employer decided not to acknowledge your work in the company which is another issue.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I am just curious does leaving your current job qualifies under Change of Circumstances ?

As far as I understand the visa process, they invite you based on points. So, the day you get invite, your points freeze. You are judged based on everything up to that day. This usually implies if they considered your work exp, they are satisfied with whatever work exp time you did by that day - or in most cases : e.g, you may be working for 4.5 years but you only got points for 3 years and the last 1.5 years is basically worth nothing. You would still have got the invite if you left work after 3 years. So, as far as I can see I see no difference whatsoever leaving the job after 3 years or after the day you got invite or today.

May be there are rules or such I am not aware of and others can tell better.

Edit: Only issue I can think of why you need to let your CO know about leaving the job would be to notify him that you don't work anymore for your current employer if that employer is part of your work exp process, so when they inquire about it, they knows that you are now an ex employee. That could be a valid reason. If the current employer is not part of your work exp claim, then I see no reason to notify as it makes no difference.

In any case, it should not have any issues whatsoever with your grant unless your employer decided not to acknowledge your work in the company which is another issue.
Form-80 contains a section for employment. Irrespective of you claim points or not, you need to mention your employer details, role and dates. Since the dates change when you quit, I believe it is safe to provide Change in Circumstances, just to avoid issues if there is any verification that takes place...

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Form-80 contains a section for employment. Irrespective of you claim points or not, you need to mention your employer details, role and dates. Since the dates change when you quit, I believe it is safe to provide Change in Circumstances, just to avoid issues if there is any verification that takes place...
Yes, that is another area that may require letting CO knows about it.

Work thing is causing way too much hassle. I am glad I put unemployed right now and not worry about work verification or letting CO knows about work change in Form 80 lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone for valuable advice. I will try to endure and stay on as far as I could until I cannot than (Manglish/Singlish) already only then I will tender my resignation.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Thank you everyone for valuable advice. I will try to endure and stay on as far as I could until I cannot than (Manglish/Singlish) already only then I will tender my resignation.
You don't have to endure. You are allowed to leave the job, just let CO knows.

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
882 Posts
Good luck, may you receive the grant soon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts