Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to leave Australia for couple of years. While I cannot exactly say it is the main reason, not being able to secure a job in my inteded field surely played a big part while making this dicision.

I left my last job at the begining of this year. I was in the Academic/Research field (Studiyng for my PhD and then working as an Associate Lecturer) for almost 5 years. However, I've been wanting to move to the industry but I have not been succesful in securing a job in Australia. I was actively, looking for a job for 2-3 months and I noticed that most Australian employers or Agents care a lot about work experience and this is something I do not have.

Therefore, I have decided to move out of the country in order to get the work experience. I love Australia and it has given me so much. I will surely return to give back to this great nation. Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
837 Posts
That's really unfortunate mate. Wish you good luck! You should tried all possible ways to secure a job of your interest

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have decided to leave Australia for couple of years. While I cannot exactly say it is the main reason, not being able to secure a job in my inteded field surely played a big part while making this dicision.

I left my last job at the begining of this year. I was in the Academic/Research field (Studiyng for my PhD and then working as an Associate Lecturer) for almost 5 years. However, I've been wanting to move to the industry but I have not been succesful in securing a job in Australia. I was actively, looking for a job for 2-3 months and I noticed that most Australian employers or Agents care a lot about work experience and this is something I do not have.

Therefore, I have decided to move out of the country in order to get the work experience. I love Australia and it has given me so much. I will surely return to give back to this great nation. Good luck to everyone.
Seems like you're gonna be back soon and your return will be much much aggressive and prosperous than at the existing moment!

All the very best!

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is so sad that you have to move to another place rather than staying in Australia for your future career. But I quite understand your decision and wish you all the best.
Since you have been in the country for a quite number of years, I assumed that you already become an OZ citizenship. If so, moving to Europe or the US to get some work experience would be a nice thought I believe.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. Yes, my citizenship application has already been approved. I'm actually moving to Tokyo, Japan, where my fiancee lives. Also, I was able to secure a job in Japan in the field that I wanted. I will work there for couple of years and then return to Australia.

I did consider Europe (Denmark specially) and USA but miraculously got a job in Japan when I was visiting my fiancee over the last two weeks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks guys. Yes, my citizenship application has already been approved. I'm actually moving to Tokyo, Japan, where my fiancee lives. Also, I was able to secure a job in Japan in the field that I wanted. I will work there for couple of years and then return to Australia.

I did consider Europe (Denmark specially) and USA but miraculously got a job in Japan when I was visiting my fiancee over the last two weeks.
All the best in your future endeavors mate!!

·
Registered
22 Posts

That's fabulous! Coincidentally I am working in Japan as well. Japan is a great country with great people. I am sure you will enjoy your experience in this beautiful country.

·
Registered
363 Posts

Hey Ancient,

I am really happy for you because you got a job in Japan and will stay with your fiancee so thats a good part but on a similar hand i am sad because I wont be able to meet you in OZ :(

You have been a great support to me and of course to many other people in this forum.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE MATE!! :fingerscrossed:

Regards
Sameer

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's fabulous! Coincidentally I am working in Japan as well. Japan is a great country with great people. I am sure you will enjoy your experience in this beautiful country.
Thanks mate. Yes, I enjoyed Japan very much during my last visit. Looking forward to explore more of this great country.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Ancient,

I am really happy for you because you got a job in Japan and will stay with your fiancee so thats a good part but on a similar hand i am sad because I wont be able to meet you in OZ :(

You have been a great support to me and of course to many other people in this forum.

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE MATE!! :fingerscrossed:

Regards
Sameer
Thank you so much Sameer. Hopefully, we will get a chance to meet one day. Take care.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Good on ya mate. Come back soon :)
Good luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
While I love Australia. Japan is also a great country! Every time I visit Tokyo, I'm in awe of the city, the lights, the people, the food. Not a bad fallback at all. Good Luck on your future endeavors.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. I will surely come back. In the meantime quite excited about my new adventure in Japan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts