Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Leave Europe

867 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Donnezmoi 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Jan and I'm 21 years old. I'm from Luxembourg. Which is a pretty wealthy country with a rather spoiled population. I lost my parents at age 16, and since then I've grown really tired of this place. Emotionally tired. It's a small country, every corner is radiating with bad memories, and it drags me back down into depression when things start getting better. The country doesn't really have social structures for orphans, it's more family orientated, to the point where they leave a citizen homeless but will accept immigrant families. But the main thing is that I cannot function here anymore, and I don't blame the country, obviously. The only thing I want is to leave and start a new life, I speak German, French, Serbian, English and Luxembourgish (Which may not be of an advantage for international affairs).
So how, and where do I start? I don't have any education other than some linguistic knowledge. I've worked in bars, help organizations and Grocery stores. Without being arrogant, I can say I'm intelligent, and could work many jobs. So if anyone knows something, I'd be glad to hear it :)

#2 ·
Are you specifically interested in America? Or perhaps you'd rather post this in the General Expat section to get input from a variety of possible destinations? (Just ask - one of the moderators can move the post.)

Because as an EU citizen, you've got 26 countries you can try out without the hassle of having to qualify for a visa (certainly your biggest obstacle if you're set on the US).

However, you are probably going to have to look into some sort of education, no matter where you decide to go. At least within the EU, you have the chance of reasonable (or possibly subsidized) tuition fees.

Anyhow, just say the word if you would like a moderator to move your post over to the General Expat section.
Cheers,
Bev

#3 ·
You can live anywhere in Europe more or less, so travel around a bit whilst you're young and healthy.
You'll regret it if you don't.
Don't worry about settling down yet. Goto Paris - have sex with french girls, Goto Berlin - have sex with German girls, or save yourself some time and just goto London and screw every nation in the EU.

You've not had it easy so getting away would do you good. And speaking all those languages is bound to help you in the future too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.