Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing a bit of research and contacting a few leasing companies ... is there something I'm missing? Looking for leasing prices on a BMW or a Jag, or similar ... is there any particular company that has a good rep on leasing these kinds of cars? Or is ownership the way to go if looking for something of the sort?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Can't speak towards Jag, but a friend recently leased a BMW through the dealership. I didn't know it was possible until he did it. Might want to get in touch with Al Habtoor and check with them on it...

·
Registered
203 Posts
The leasing concept in this region is not the same as in US/Europe where leasing is competitive. Here, leasing is very expensive; it is basically an extended rental concept. Lease costs are here up to 100% more expensive than owning the same car, including accounting the cost of depreciation.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The leasing concept in this region is not the same as in US/Europe where leasing is competitive. Here, leasing is very expensive; it is basically an extended rental concept. Lease costs are here up to 100% more expensive than owning the same car, including accounting the cost of depreciation.
yes - i did some calcs after receiving your response to my earlier post.

makes no sense to lease.

a 3 series beamer will set you back approx AED 130,000

leased at a discount rate would be around AED 40,000 p.a.

In 3.5 - 4 years of renting you would have paid the price of the car including maintenance, and interest opportunity cost during that period.

so you would be worse off by the resale value of that 4 year old car - say AED 50,000

·
Registered
59 Posts
Reckon there is a KM's restriction on leased cars. If you are the type who loves to drive a lot, lease will not work for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts